Porter Cable vs. Ingersol Rand HVLP Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Went to Lowes today with my birthday & Father's Day $$ burning a hole in my pocket. Lowes is having a clearance on the Ingersol Rand (IR) spray guns. The IR HVLP appears to be identical to the Porter Cable PCSH1 (?) HVLP gun except it's painted black instead of chromed. The IR gun is clearance priced at $55 and might be a good value? The IR small detail gun (not HVLP) is clearance priced at $42. I haven't read any reviews on the IR guns, but would suspect them to perform the same as the PC guns since they appear identical. The PC and IR guns are so much alike that I think they must be made by the same offshore mfgr. Anyway, ended up coming home with my $ still in my pocket.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Ozzie-x said:
Went to Lowes today with my birthday & Father's Day $$ burning a hole in my pocket. Lowes is having a clearance on the Ingersol Rand (IR) spray guns. The IR HVLP appears to be identical to the Porter Cable PCSH1 (?) HVLP gun except it's painted black instead of chromed. The IR gun is clearance priced at $55 and might be a good value? The IR small detail gun (not HVLP) is clearance priced at $42. I haven't read any reviews on the IR guns, but would suspect them to perform the same as the PC guns since they appear identical. The PC and IR guns are so much alike that I think they must be made by the same offshore mfgr. Anyway, ended up coming home with my $ still in my pocket.

Ozzie,

I got mine (PC) from Amazon $65.66, shipped free. I think the smaller PC is about 45.00 during the sale. Did the IR guns have plastic or metal cups? I will probably pick up a spare cut so I don't have to drain it when switching from sealer to lacquer.

Mike

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Hello Mike,
I ordered my PC gun about the same time you did, same gun, same place, same price. ;-) Haven't used it yet. The IR gun looked to have the same plastic cup, identical down to the little vent tube on top. They claim the plastic cup is impervious to lacquer thinner, but I guess we'll see.:eusa_thin

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
My Walcom gun has plastic cups and it is not affected by lacquer thinner. I doubt Porter Cable makes their gun so more than likely they source from the same vendor.

DavidF

New User
David
I would be concerned about the fact that it is on clearance; how about spares in the future; different needle sizes etc; unless of course they are also identical to the PC gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors