Porter Cable 693PK Router Kit - $100 (Cary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
NOT MINE

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2175962497.html

Porter Cable 693PK Router Kit - $100 (Cary)

Date: 2011-01-23, 2:57PM EST
Reply to: sale-m2s86-2175962497@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Porter-Cable 693PK 1-1/2 HP Router and Plunge Base Kit with hard plastic carrying case. Includes six assorted router bits - each worth $30 apiece. Still has original manual.

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-693PK-Router-Plunge-Base/dp/B0000222VL

Amazon.com Review
Porter-Cable's 1-1/2-horsepower router is popular with woodworkers for good reason. It's reliable, powerful, and exceptionally smooth running--not to mention versatile. While you can get this great tool in a two-handle fixed base, plunge base, or D-handle configuration, this kit--which includes both the two-handle and the plunge base--is the best deal going. We really appreciate Porter-Cable's new autorelease collet, which prevents bits from getting frozen in the machine. It'd be great if Porter-Cable could come up with an alternative to needing two wrenches for a bit change, but this minor inconvenience is far outweighed by the tool's overall quality. In fact, Porter-Cable's focus on simple, quality engineering is the reason for this model's long-lasting success. The router doesn't offer electronic variable-speed control or enough power to effectively double as a shaper, but it is among the smoothest-running routers we've tried, producing consistently clean results. For most applications it offers all the versatility and muscle you need. --Brian Trinen

Product Description
Sold as one unit. (1 unit = each.) 1-3/4HP. 11 amps. 27,500 RPM. 1/4" & 1/2" collet. New auto-release collet system ends "frozen" bit. 2-1/2" plunge range with fully enclosed springs. Depth rod & 6 position step turret. Includes plunge base, collet, wrenches & case. Precision machined aluminum motor & base. Dust sealed switch. Lever release. Boxed . Manufacturer number: 693LRPK

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3kc3m33p65V35T55P3b1n719a513780631318.jpg

PostingID: 2175962497

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
OK.....Steve......Did you Snag?

To Moderators: Please do not close thread, until someone here fesses up. Im on the Case!

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
:no:Wasn't Steve, I had contacted the owner as soon as I saw this listing so I must confess, I snagged this router. :embaresse

Duane

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
:no:Wasn't Steve, I had contacted the owner as soon as I saw this listing so I must confess, I snagged this router. :embaresse

Duane

Duane,

Thanks for sharing....:rotflm:....Don't feel embarassed.....

That means I'm still beating Steve in the: Who has the most router's, category! :eusa_danc:gar-Bi.

He was getting to close, anywhoo.....

Congrats, and thanks for posting! Just glad it was a NCWW'r

M

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
I couldn't pass it up. Plastic depth ring is broken but I never use that in setting the depth of the bit. Plus there were over half a dozen Freud bits, both 1/4 and 1/2 shank so at that price, I had to snag it. Guess I am on my way to my own collection of routers. 2 Craftsman 1/4" fixed base, a Makita 3 1/2 HP plunge and now this 690. As the saying goes - Ye with most tools wins.

Duane

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
That means I'm still beating Steve in the: Who has the most router's, category! :eusa_danc:gar-Bi.

He was getting to close, anywhoo.....

I only have three, I bet there are folks here who have at least twice that, perhaps triple including laminate trim handhelds!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I only have three, I bet there are folks here who have at least twice that, perhaps triple including laminate trim handhelds!
Who been lookin in my shop window??????????????????
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::gar-La; heck i have 3 lam trimmers alone :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS