Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob,
We have a page in the forum called where in NC can I find...
Many sawyers are listed here.

Here is a link to it;
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=70-nc-reference-material

To navigate to it click on "Articles" and on the right-hand side you will find the link.

Since you are new to the site I will make a few suggestions.
1. if you want to review everything I typically go to "home" and work down the list of new posts.
2. Sometimes I will go to "new posts" in the secondary menu to only see new posts. Especially if I have looked at or opened all the posts on page one or two.
3. To post something new in a specific forum click on the "forum" menu and scroll down until you find the forum you want to post in then click on the "+Post New thread" button.

I hope this is helpful, many people know their way around a forum, but sometimes we take things for granted and I would rather state the obvious than have you wonder! There are a lot of other features to our site and hopefully, you will have time to explore more of them. One of the greatest "features" are our people, nearly everyone will jump in with a suggestion or information when you have a question or post an open-ended "I need help with..." (design, finish, wood, machine or plane set-up etc...)

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Rob, welcome to NCWW. Please stop by the "Who We Are" forum to introduce yourself, etc.

Follow Hank's link and you're in Region 2 on the "Sawyers" list. Here's a sawyer out of Winston-Salem. $300 minimum @ $75/hour. Do you have enough trees of sufficient size to justify bringing the sawyer to your site? What species of trees do you have (maple, pine, poplar, oak, hickory, black walnut)?

http://hartsawmill.com/services.html

Another option is to call Steve Wall Lumber in Mayodan. They may know of a few local sawyers that aren't on the NCWW list.

BTW, if these are yard trees they may contain metal, nails, etc. You'll also pay the sawyer for a damaged blade if that happens.

Last edited:

copythat

New User
Rob
Hi Jeff; I already posted in "Who We Are." As for sawyers, I contacted "hartsawmill" and other permanent mills nearby before joining the forum; I was hoping to find others. As for what trees I have, I have large diameter white oak (my favorite), beech, and maple. The trees are on acreage and not "yard trees." I'm not sure it is cost effective to have a sawyer come out and that is why I am researching. So far, the permanent mills will buy the wood but they won't cut it for an individual. They say they are too big to do such a thing. Hmm

Opensightryan

New User
Ryan
Do you still need sawing? I have a portable sawmill (lt35hd woodmizer) I am located in King, NC. If you want I would be willing to talk to you about your project. You can pm me if you want. I will be upfront and say that I do not saw for a living and have not used my mill much, so I'm still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS