Poplar Veneer....discounted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

New User
Robert
No connection to it, but how can you pass up a deal like this....er, I just don't have the storage room.....

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mat/1689128433.html
Poplar veneer - $1000 (Cowee/Franklin)

Date: 2010-04-13, 11:47AM EDT
Reply to: sale-txzey-1689128433@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have huge poplar (tulip) tree in front of my house. It occurred to me that the wood...the veneer alone, never mind the boards that could be produced from this tree might have some value to the right person. I see that the veneer runs around $50-60 some odd for 4'x8' pieces. There must be at least a thousand possibly more, 4'x8' veneer pieces from this tree. Pay me the $1000 and take the tree down yourselves, the way you'd want it readying it for the saw mill! The electric lines seen in the photos are my service lines....there are no obstructions to taking this tree down.

Picture shows the tree this Spring....ivy all around it. I measured the circumference with all the vines and it's 10-12 feet! There's a lot of tree here. Email me with interest or any other questions.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3na3k43me5V25R65S1a4c98541ad96a371ebb.jpg
3ne3ka3p95W45U05S5a4c0f20eb85a2a41d43.jpg

PostingID: 1689128433

and I had two of these trees at my last house but w/o the ivy...what was I thinking??:no:

Glennbear

Glenn
By using this value estimation, I have approximately $3 million dollars worth of various species available on my property. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
I'm tempted to send 'em an email asking for just enough of the tree for two veneer sheets...

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I can't help but wonder if the rainbow ends at the butt of that tree. I mean something that's 5' diameter just might have a pot of gold inside :rolleyes:

timf67

New User
Tim
By using this value estimation, I have approximately $3 million dollars worth of various species available on my property. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Forget the veneer aspect, I figure I could get at least $20,000 for my tool budget if I could get someone to PAY ME $1000 to take down all the trees in my yard... :widea: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS