Pony Express request from Berea NC to New Hill NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Need to move about 4000 ~ 5000 BF of oak lumber from Berea to New Hill. Lumber is green and a little over 8' long, estimated weight is 20800 ~ 26000 lbs (10 ~ 13 tons). A 8 x 24' tandem axle flat bed truck would work out nice that would make up 6 4' wide dead stacked bunks on the bed.

Other ideas would be a couple of 1 ton trucks with trailers? :dontknow:

Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff, I have a 1/2 ton pickup with a class II hitch. Sorry but no trailer. It will be at your service if I can help. BTW I never reconfirmed by oak order. YES I do want it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff.... let me check with my boss tomorrow or Thursday (whenever I next see him) we have a backhoe trailer and several large dump trucks. I'll have to check the weight rating and tagging but I bet I could haul a large majority of it.
Fuel and mileage cost would have to be considered

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
If the timing is right, I would love to help, may have to be a Saturday or Sunday though. As sawduster said, manpower is what I can offer.

J

jeff...

Jeff.... let me check with my boss tomorrow or Thursday (whenever I next see him) we have a backhoe trailer and several large dump trucks. I'll have to check the weight rating and tagging but I bet I could haul a large majority of it.
Fuel and mileage cost would have to be considered

Dave:)

Cool :thumbs_up

I also got a call into Scott - I think he's might be on vacation - Some Dutch guy once told told me "You need an elephant moved? Call Scott" - So I called Scott :gar-La;

I need to start thinking about either making a relationship with someone who can transport lumber from here to there or seriously consider a really big flatbed truck. My next sawing job is going to be bigger than the one at Jim's. I should have my head examined for agreeing to thin out 3 acres of mature timber for a cow pasture expansion but the guy is a good friend and the small logging outfits wont touch anything under 5 acres. Plus he does not want a clear cut - just a good thinning, which means being careful how you snake the trees out of the woods to avoid cat facing the ones left standing. There is a little bit of everything out there and will make for some nice saw logs. Like I said before I'm not sure which I like better the logging end or the sawing end - both are hard work yet strangely very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors