Polyurethane vacuum veneering bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
At least a vacuum pump and the other components. I happen to have a vacuum pump......

Question though. Which is better, polyurethane bags or vinyl bags?

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Polyurethane are much more expensive. Doesn't that mean better? ....... Well at least for the seller it is.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Now take this for what it is worth as I don't have a veneer press (yet) .... but I've researched it a bit and here's what I gather:

The Poly bags are much stronger, less prone to holes and durable. They stretch more, some are less prone to glue sticking to them, and they are more flexible. The vinyl are good too and usually a little less expensive (used to be a LOT cheaper, but not anymore).

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Check out this ... http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/polyurethane-vacuum-bags.htm

My favorite part ...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Tough Decision
You should now have a better understanding what makes polyurethane different from vinyl. The decision to spend more money on a vacuum bag might not be an easy one. Here are the most common reasons for opting for polyurethane:
[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The user wants the most durable vacuum bag regardless of price;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The user plans to vacuum press panels at a commercial or industrial pace;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The user has a highly curved or complex project and needs a bag to conform to its shape;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The user demands the very best of everything he/she purchases, regardless of whether they need it or not;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The user has a ton of excess income and wants to spend it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whether it's vinyl or polyurethane, stick with a good quality material and treat it well. You won't be disappointed![/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors