Poll - When installing dado blades I ....

When installing a dado blade on your tablesaw, how often do you unplug it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Unfortunately I had to be honest and say 75% of the time. When my son was small I always kept everything unplugged and the junction box locked in the off position. Since he has grown up and left home I guess I have become careless. I almost always switch off the table saw, it is on a separate switch in the junction box but I sometimes change the bandsaw blade with it still plugged in...

I always leave everything unplugged when I leave the shop.

Thanks for the reminder to be safe. It only takes a few seconds longer to do it safely and the alternative is too painful to contemplate.....

sawman

New User
Albert
I unplug anything that requires repair, blade/bit changes and minor movement (memories from the past) I wear eye protection and ear muffs (built in am/fm radio) and the only item left plugged in is my radio.
The ear muffs work great, you can be intently cutting on the table saw while jamming to your favorite music when this hand touches your shoulder and I clear the floor what seems like 3 feet. Still working on the solution to this surprising problem.

Albert, Al or whatever.:saw:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Still working on the solution to this surprising problem.

My wife flips the lights on and off a few times. But only if there is no power tool running.

Littlejon

New User
Jon
Well, I voted for the 75%-99% ONLY because I have forgotten to unplug in the past. I think the last time was changing a router bit when I was in a hurry and it slipped, fell over on it's side and hit something on the workbench just right and the switch flipped on. No base on at the time and I almost dropped it off the bench onto the concrete. Aside from hrting me, it could have really damaged the router.

Needless to say, I am MUCH more careful now. I also have 2 children, though they are somewhat scared of my power tools and the noise they make, so that isn't as much of a concern.

Truthfully, the main reason I HAVE to unplug everything is because I move it around so much AND my basement floods. If I were to leave anything plugged in, I couldn't use other tools and if I forgot to unplug something and a bad downpour came through it could be a problem. I have to use a lot od drop cords, so a flood would be a big problem for me if I left stuff plugged in.

M

McRabbet

Always, everytime without fail! Ditto on changing any blade or bit, even drill press. I must admit that I don't take the battery off my cordless drills when I change bits on them...

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS