PM Spam - Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

smessick

New User
Stan Messick
I just got a private message posted at 4:24 this morning from Stephanie informing me that "Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future..."

Might I expect this to be the first of an onslaught of similar messages?

Trog777

New User
Trog
Re: Buddhism?

Yeah, got the same message. I figure lots of people did. If not, I guess they think people named Stan are the ones in need of cosmic enlightenment.:rolf:

Hook

New User
Gregory
[Problem-Other] Spam in my PM's

I'm not sure how you handle spam in the PM's. I got one this morning from someone named Stephanie. Feel free to look at it if you can.:week:

KWGOOCH

New User
KENNETH
Re: [Problem-Other] Spam in my PM's

I got the same message.

Annoying, yes. :BangHead:

Dangerous, I dunno. I hope not.:-(

I would imagine there will be alot of discussion today about this topic.:realmad:

Kenneth

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

can some one forward that to me? the member registry does not include a Stephanie.

The WaMoo

New User
Steve

You can add Steve to the list. I really don't like getting that sort of crap. Hopefully we can find a way to get it or her blocked.

clowman

Clay Lowman

If someone could please send me a copy of this. We will look into it. Please give us some time, we will update everyone as we find something.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
SPAM on NCWW Private Messages??

I just rec'd the following private message, with no listing as to who sent it.

Junk mail at best, and annoying. I'd hate to see my private mailbox get loaded up with this sort of stuff.

Henry

Re: Henry W
Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism ..... etc etc... (SPAM MESSAGE CONTENTS DELETED)

Last edited by a moderator:

barryu

New User
barry

It almost sounds like wood isn't the only thing being "hacked" around here. :lol: Add Barry to the list.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
[Problem-Other] Unsolicited and Unwanted PM's

I just received a PM through NCWW from someone on Buddism. I don't know the person (Stephanie??) and there was no information available as to her location of affiliation with NCWW. I'm not interested in getting this and thought maybe orther might be getting it too so wanted to report it to the right place. Is there someplace to report/forward this or should I just delete it?

Thanks

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Re: SPAM on NCWW Private Messages??

I've not gotten anything in my PM folder. Seems to be random.

I agree, this S&*% does not belong on a great site like this.

Dan C..

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Re: SPAM on NCWW Private Messages??

Henry,

A number of the members have received this kind of PM. We're probably all in agreement that we want a woodworking site that is devoid of spam. We (moderators / administrators) are trying to determine the best path.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS