Plunge router

Safedadnc

Bob
User
I have upgraded to use a router with my mdf and track saw guides. Hitachi M12V 3 1/4” hp with edge guide, guide bushings, butterfly template with Whiteside bit/guide, 2 Jasper circle guides, straight edges, and Woodhaven 789XL dado jig. $100

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 108

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
If you were like me, you were motivated to do this after (or during) making all those dovetail slots on the assembly table I see in the background.😂

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I had that router for many years. It's a beast. This is is a good deal, guys. I used mine in a router table with a RouterRazer. Not the best set up but I built a big kitchen with it.

Parked the router table when I was done, unknown to me there was a leak and of all things the darn drip went right through the insert hole into the router.

ChemE75

Tom
User
May be interested since I’ve done lots of jury rigging to get around not having a plunge option. My ancient 1.5hp Rockwell/P-C is too old for the plunge base. Anyway, as pointed out, how is the accuracy? I never had a plunge base but I can see issues with wear. Also does it have 1/4 & 1/2” collets? Where located?

Safedadnc

Bob
User
Have a potential buyer but..
In Cary, 1/2” collet and 1/4” insert, supplemental clear base is on it. Accuracy???? I have found setting up the router is where I get my accuracy.

ChemE75

Tom
User
If they bail out, let me know. I’m in Wake Forest so not too far. I understand setup accuracy, goes for just about everything. Guess better question is any signs of wear in motor bearings, collet shaft, etc or play/wiggle in plunge base?

FWIW not sure actual age of my router which I got used in ‘86, but the Rockwell nameplate leads me to believe it’s gotta be close to 50 yrs old now and it has performed extremely well for me. Replaced motor brushes once in late 80s and the toggle switch broke when it fell off a bench so I tossed in one I happened to have laying around. Never owned any but seems like hitachi stuff is made well so not overly concerned, just prudent to know if it’s facing some replacement parts in near future.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If they bail out, let me know. I’m in Wake Forest so not too far. I understand setup accuracy, goes for just about everything. Guess better question is any signs of wear in motor bearings, collet shaft, etc or play/wiggle in plunge base?

FWIW not sure actual age of my router which I got used in ‘86, but the Rockwell nameplate leads me to believe it’s gotta be close to 50 yrs old now and it has performed extremely well for me. Replaced motor brushes once in late 80s and the toggle switch broke when it fell off a bench so I tossed in one I happened to have laying around. Never owned any but seems like hitachi stuff is made well so not overly concerned, just prudent to know if it’s facing some replacement parts in near future.
If your PC is either a 630, or 690, the motor fits the PC plunge base. I have three different ones on plunge bases (a 630, and two 690's.)

ChemE75

Tom
User
Mines much older - a 3xx series. It has the twist adjust base that works really well but I’ve never seen it list as compatible. Maybe I could bring it over one day to try it out on your base. On the positive side it has a cast iron router table that’s worked well for all I’ve tossed at it.

Just checked to be sure, I had the 3 in the wrong place, its a 537 motor with 536 base... nameplate is Rockwell so its way old!

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS