Please read this First - Calendar Voting has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Corrections:
Please forgive the not secret ballet problem and having to put in a comment. I have corrected it. But now the ratings are under "Additional Options" and it is called "Quick Ratings"

For those of you who have already submitted your ratings the other way. You can leave it the way it was. or if you wanted to make your already submitted rating, secret, just delete your comment with the rating. Then re-rate with the new method.

I did not intentionally want the votes to be public. It was an incorrect setting. Sorry

Please read, not skim this post

First, please remember to vote for the Photo(s) not the woodworker. All of us know that some of our members do great work, but the photo my not reflect the quality of the work.

This is not a popularity contest.

Cover contest: you will get one vote. Ask yourself which cover design will attract the most potential buyers.

Other categories contests: Because PhotoPost will not allow you to vote for more than one picture and we will be looking for three winners, we will use the ratings system instead.

Please look at each picture in each category and rate each picture between 1 and 10. The ratings option is called "Quick Ratings". It is under the "Additional Info" banner under "Photo Details"
It is very important that you rate every picture in the category, or you will slew the accuracy of the vote.

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I cant seem to rate the pics unless I make a comment.:dontknow: I'd rather not comment on every photo. I type way to slow.....:swoon:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Whatever happened to the concept of the "secret ballot?"

it wasnt secret last year either!:no: it was supposed to be but..... and I noticed a few things too but am keeping my mouth shut.:embaresse if the ballot isnt secret it leads to hard feelings. nuff said!:gar-La;

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I must be working toooo hard, post says calendar voting has begun, where is the post for voting? I know I didn't have this much trouble last year.

cskipper

Cathy
I think you just go to the gallery to where the photos are located. When you click on a category I believe you will have the option around the top of the screen to enable voting or something like that.

If comments are required to get through your vote, you could always just say something non-committal like "voted" to ones that you really don't want to comment on. I don't remember that all comments are viewable in all categories, so your opinion would still really be confidential. (I think)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Took me 3 hours, but I finally got done voting. I tell you what, there are some VERY talented folks on here. :notworthy:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Not to complain but, this isn't user friendly for me. I went to Gallery, 2009 Calendar Contest, contest entries, and cover. I voted there but when I went back for flat work, I can't see anywhere to vote. What did I miss? It even shows me the number of votes for the cover.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Not to complain but, this isn't user friendly for me. I went to Gallery, 2009 Calendar Contest, contest entries, and cover. I voted there but when I went back for flat work, I can't see anywhere to vote. What did I miss? It even shows me the number of votes for the cover.

New Update: see Steve's post below. He is fast it is hard to keep up!

Please Note: once you click on a dot, your vote is instantly registered and can not be withdrawn or edited!! You can not double vote either. If you go back to the photo you will not be shown the voting scale, but it will show you the numerical score you submitted.

As Steve said, if you voted previously using the previous ballot that required comments, you can edit or delete your vote and re-vote now by secret ballot.

Voting-1.jpg

GeorgeL

New User
George

Lorraine,

If I understand correctly when voting for the cover you are placing a single vote and there will be only one winner so the "vote" function works in that instance. For the other categories however, you are "rating" on a scale of 1-10 ALL entries in each category. There will be three winners in each category so the vote function doesn't work in these cases. To vote simply "Add a Comment" to each entry and in the "Add your comments" dialog box there is a rating scale to the upper left of the comments box. You must add at least five character to post a valid comment so you will see entries such as @@@@@, or ##### etc along with a score.

Hope this helps,
George

Or you can just do what Alan said :eusa_doh:

GeorgeL

New User
George
I see there is now a "Quick Rating" directly below the photo. No comment necessary :icon_thum

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Please forgive the not secret ballet problem and having to put in a comment. I have corrected it. But now the ratings are under "Additional Options" and it is called "Quick Ratings"

For those of you who have already submitted your ratings the other way. You can leave it the way it was. or if you wanted to make your already submitted rating secret, just delete your comment with the rating. Then re-rate with the new method.

I did not intentionally want the votes to be public. It was an in correct setting. Sorry

Last edited:

tjwitzig

New User
Tom
Steve:

My pic still seems to be having problems. The thumbnail still doesn't expand. Was supposed to have been fixed. Got a comment saying it was too small to vote on. So, I uploaded copy, and it doesn't seem to have a descriptive name. What to do? :icon_scra

Tom

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

For those of you who have already submitted your ratings the other way. You can leave it the way it was. or if you wanted to make your already submitted rating secret, just delete your comment with the rating. Then re-rate with the new method.

I did not intentionally want the votes to be public. It was an in correct setting. Sorry

thanks steve!:icon_thum you da man!:eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve:

My pic still seems to be having problems. The thumbnail still doesn't expand. Was supposed to have been fixed. Got a comment saying it was too small to vote on. So, I uploaded copy, and it doesn't seem to have a descriptive name. What to do? :icon_scra

Tom
I see the problem and I fixed it. But then you have 2 pictures of the same project. I also fixed the Title.

But, the new picture has a better vote total. So I am deleting the orginal, so you vote doesnt get split.

If you have already voted for this piece and would like to change your vote becuase of the technical problems then please PM me with your new rating and I will attempt to fix it internally. If your vote was done via the comment mechinism, then you change it your self by delelting the comment and re-voting

Tom I'm really sorry about this. But it appears that you are getting an excellent vote total any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS