Pimp my saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
They really need to invent a brad nail puller!

A strong MRI machine will do it, but might be a bit expensive!!:rolf: In reality, sharp needle nosed pliers sometimes will work, but will involve filler afterwords.

Oh yeah: You SUCK on the accessories!!:-D:-D

Go

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Looks good Bas!
Another idea, and I'm happy with it so far, was to put a dado in one side of the insert and epoxy a couple of magnets into it. It won't do a whole lot if the blade really grabs hold of the zci, but it keeps it in the same spot and keeps any vibration of the zci to a minimum if it's not a 100% perfect fit.
DSCF0711.JPG

img%5D

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Now that is a great idea! I am somewhat concerned that over time, the MDF edge might wear down and lose its friction. I put on a good amount of poly and wax, but it's still MDF. A magnet would hold it in place very nicely.

Interesting that you made the recess in the side. My first thought when I read "magnet" was to put it in the bottom, in place of the adjustment screws. Do you have magnets on both sides? If not, any concerns with it pulling towards one edge? It wouldn't take much to have a dip in the ZCI.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I only put the magnets on one side. My thought being it doesn't matter which side of the opening it hugs, just that it's in the same place every time. Granted, i used a piece of corian that I picked up at the Habitat Re-store for next to nothing. It's flat, rigid and machines easily. I was also pretty surprised at how well it tapped for adding set screws for height adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS