Piedmont Hardwood - Mt. Pleasant

Status
Not open for further replies.

meikj

New User
JohnM
I was driving through Mt. Pleasant the other day, and noticed Piedmont Hardwood. Looks like a pretty big lumberyard. I can't find anything on line (website, etc.) and wondered if anyone knew anything about them.

I'm relatively new to the Charlotte area, and still learning all the lumber sources.

-- John

sandfarm

Joe
User
I have ridden by Piedmont Hardwoods numerous times and wondered about that same question. But, a friend of mine that used to be a logger and part owner of a big saw mill and yard in Reidsville, NC, says that Piedmont Hardwoods probably wouldn't sell you a board or even 100 bf. There is an Edwards Hardwood mill and yard
close to me, but they don't deal with the public (us).
I sometimes buy from a yard in Thomasville. I usually get 50 to 100 bf just so it is worth their time to get the order together.

Joe

njohnston924

New User
Nate
John, I live in Mt. Pleasant, but I haven't bought anything from Piedmont. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like they mainly do large lots of construction lumber. I usually get my lumber from Miller Lumber Co. which is basically just around the corner from Piedmont. Lee and the rest of the staff are very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating and the prices are reasonable.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Joe--------do have contact information for the yard in Thomasville? I am in need of some air dried white oak 10' long for porch flooring repair.

Jerry
I have ridden by Piedmont Hardwoods numerous times and wondered about that same question. But, a friend of mine that used to be a logger and part owner of a big saw mill and yard in Reidsville, NC, says that Piedmont Hardwoods probably wouldn't sell you a board or even 100 bf. There is an Edwards Hardwood mill and yard
close to me, but they don't deal with the public (us).
I sometimes buy from a yard in Thomasville. I usually get 50 to 100 bf just so it is worth their time to get the order together.

Joe

Last edited:

sandfarm

Joe
User
Jerry, I couldn't find my paper in the shop, but I found it on the internet.

Y&Y Hardwoods
Thomasville, NC
336 476 6104

I haven't actually been to the Thomasville yard yet, because they used to be close to me in Alamance County countryside.
I have talked to them since moving to Thomasville. They said come on up.
Talk to them on the phone first. I always order before without a deadline, so that they can get the order together when suitable to them. That's because of such a small order.
I don't pick the boards from them. I just order and pick up when ready.

Good Luck
Joe

Joe--------do have contact information for the yard in Thomasville? I am in need of some air dried white oak 10' long for porch flooring repair.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS