Picnic book share

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I subscribed to the woodworkers book club awhile ago and got a bunch of excellent books. I have read and re-read them and have gotten all that I can out of them. I am bringing them to the picnic for any one who might be interested in a long term loan. I can't get rid of them (that's the hording instinct that my wife always complains about) but I sure can loan them out for as long as someone might want.
A few titles for your interest:

Making Wood Signs - Spielman
Making Wood Decoys - Spielman
Turning Bowls - Raffan
Creating Beautiful Boxes w/ Inlay Techniques - Stowe
The Biscuit Jointer book - Stack
Build your own Entertainment Center - Schultz
Making Elegant Custom Tables - Stowe
Decorative Woodcarving - Williams
Practical Design - Taunton Publishing

Let me know if anyone is interested in borrowing these books.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is an awesome offer. I too am a member of that club. I hope someone takes you up on your offer. I have never gotten a bad book from them, always great quality. Me, I am a slow reader so a loan on a book would seem like a mortgage loan.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That is an awesome offer. I too am a member of that club. I hope someone takes you up on your offer. I have never gotten a bad book from them, always great quality. Me, I am a slow reader so a loan on a book would seem like a mortgage loan.

As long as I know where you live I can foreclose if needed :cool: Seriously I haven't looked at these books in several years, so if someone else can benefit from them they are doing better than just collecting dust.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman!

The biscuit book sounds intriguing. Considering my current project contains more than a hundred biscuits, I think I'm ready for the advanced stuff. If you would be so kind as to bring it to the picnic...

Thanks!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am planning on bring them all..y'all can fight it out :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Y'all better be careful. I'm packing an 8 foot FLUORESCENT TUBE!

I once read where someone cut his finger while attempting to replace one of those bulbs. The cut was serious enough to cause the victim to seep blood from the wound and required a Band-Aid® brand adhesive bandage to stem the seepage and prevent blood droplets from possibly staining the carpet.

I'd bet that, considering the serious potential for personal harm associated with this product, they would be banned by the rangers at the park. Besides, there is life-threatening and planet-threatening mercury inside those tubes, and if horseshoes are prohibited, you can be sure fluorescent tubes will be seized upon your attempt to breach the gates of safety.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I once read where someone cut his finger while attempting to replace one of those bulbs. The cut was serious enough to cause the victim to seep blood from the wound and required a Band-Aid® brand adhesive bandage to stem the seepage and prevent blood droplets from possibly staining the carpet.

I'd bet that, considering the serious potential for personal harm associated with this product, they would be banned by the rangers at the park. Besides, there is life-threatening and planet-threatening mercury inside those tubes, and if horseshoes are prohibited, you can be sure fluorescent tubes will be seized upon your attempt to breach the gates of safety.

yeh but..... if bas has long legs he could sneek a 4 footer in!:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS