Photo Gallery sucking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Been trying to upload (1) photo for the past 5 mins - it's stuck and when I click cancel all it locks the entire browser up... bummer... I would show you the proof but that would mean I would have to upload a photo which doesn't work right now:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sorry to hear that.

I just tried, and it worked for me (isn't that always the way with support folks?:XXfridge:).

I recall some folks having trouble with cancel leaving things in a messed up state.

Have you tried the usual suspect? Clear your cache/history and close out of the browser?

Photo Gallery sucks, so I wasn't sure if you had an issue or were just reminding us in case we forgot :wink_smil

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sorry to hear that.

I just tried, and it worked for me (isn't that always the way with support folks?:XXfridge:).

I recall some folks having trouble with cancel leaving things in a messed up state.

Have you tried the usual suspect? Clear your cache/history and close out of the browser?

Photo Gallery sucks, so I wasn't sure if you had an issue or were just reminding us in case we forgot :wink_smil

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11

Just tried again... still sucking and won't work so I give up

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5

RickC

New User
Rick
Would help to know the usual stuff:

1. Step by step what you did
2. OS, browser, etc
3. Have you ever been able to upload successfully
4. Size of picture you are trying to upload, and type (jpg, bmp, tif...)

etc, etc. That way maybe someone with a similar configuration could try and see if they could duplicate or give you some suggestions.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
As I recall, you are one of the early adopters of Firefox 3.5.

Did photo upload work since you upgraded?

Also, calling anyone out there running 3.5 on Windows, can you upload photos?

Jim

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I uploaded a photo of my new grandson yesterday afternoon - it worked fine. Later that evening I tried to upload another photo at least 6 times did NOT work the blue bar gets stuck and hangs the browser. Today I tried two other photos and still does not work - same results. So what whatever changed yesterday in between the time it worked till the time it didn't work, has caused the photo gallery uploads to stop working. Hence it's still sucking...

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
BTW it worked with FF3.5 yesterday afternoon then later that evening it did not work with FF3.5 - I don't think it's the browser or anything on my side because I didn't change anything...

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok, but you gotta admit I stalled pretty good.

I'll need to know exactly where you are trying to upload the pics too. Which Category and Album you are picking.

It's possible the files (on our server) are in some sort of messed up state that are keeping you for re-uploading them.

Thanks,
Jim

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Ok, but you gotta admit I stalled pretty good.

I'll need to know exactly where you are trying to upload the pics too. Which Category and Album you are picking.

It's possible the files (on our server) are in some sort of messed up state that are keeping you for re-uploading them.

Thanks,
Jim

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1537

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, its wierd. I just uploaded two pics to your Stuff Album, no probs.

So you go to "Upload Photos" and click on the "Select files for Upload", get that file browsing window, select one or more pics, hit OK.

What words do you get next to that button? I usually see "n file uploaded."

For a while, there is a blue box below those words that show each photo as its uploading and completed.

If I wait until all the pics are up, that blue box will eventually dissapear.

Are you getting this far?

Jim

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Well, its wierd. I just uploaded two pics to your Stuff Album, no probs.

So you go to "Upload Photos" and click on the "Select files for Upload", get that file browsing window, select one or more pics, hit OK. Yep

What words do you get next to that button? I usually see "n file uploaded." Yep

For a while, there is a blue box below those words that show each photo as its uploading and completed. Nope - gets stuck and locks up the browser a 300k file should not take 5 mins to upload

If I wait until all the pics are up, that blue box will eventually dissapear. Don't get this far

Are you getting this far? Nope

Jim

See my reply in blue

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
FWIW, I installed 3.5 (but i run Linux), and its working for me.

Let try something else. I'm wondering if the photo files you are trying to upload are the issue.

Can you try uploading a photo you know worked before? That one of your grandson would be fine.

The uploader handles renaming files that have the same name, so thats not a prob.

Let me know when you have tried, I want to see if the temp files are created on the server.

Thanks,
Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5

toolman

New User
Chad
Hay Jeff and Jim

Just try to upload 12 photos from Bas Move worked great.. Wow Jeff's Problem :dontknow: Worked ok for me but this does not help Jeff.. :eek: I have no clue!! Here is the Cat that will get it working.. :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

This is one of the photos I uploaded.

Jim

IMG00016.jpg
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
FWIW, I installed 3.5 (but i run Linux), and its working for me.

Let try something else. I'm wondering if the photo files you are trying to upload are the issue.

Can you try uploading a photo you know worked before? That one of your grandson would be fine.

The uploader handles renaming files that have the same name, so thats not a prob.

Let me know when you have tried, I want to see if the temp files are created on the server.

Thanks,
Jim

Well it now works again, the same exact file I tried to upload earlier today just worked but froze up earlier today. I wished I could say it's something on my end but nothing changed other than the time of day.

I took a screen shot when the upload froze

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I wish I had a good answer for ya.

We'll keep this thread open for a while, see if this reoccurs.

To be honest, uploading troubles are common, and most just fix themselves.

err. Due to my amazing technical prowess, I have fixed all known bugs.

Yeah, thats it.....

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wow, who knew I had a good side?

Jim

Hay Jeff and Jim

Just try to upload 12 photos from Bas Move worked great.. Wow Jeff's Problem :dontknow: Worked ok for me but this does not help Jeff.. :eek: I have no clue!! Here is the Cat that will get it working.. :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

This is one of the photos I uploaded.

Jim

IMG00016.jpg
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I wish I had a good answer for ya.

We'll keep this thread open for a while, see if this reoccurs.

To be honest, uploading troubles are common, and most just fix themselves.

err. Due to my amazing technical prowess, I have fixed all known bugs.

Yeah, thats it.....

Jim

Yep... Due to your amazing technical prowess, You have fixed all known bugs. Not only that... but the Photo Gallery don't suck no more :thumbs_up

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Somebody doing work on the gallery? I can't even get to the point where I browse for photos. When I click select photos, nothing happens and a debug dialog box appears at the bottom of the screw. That's all it doesn, it don't do no more.

Update. I got it to upload, or so I thought. When I went to check, no pictures and no new album that I created previously. Is someone messing with me?

Update #2. It finally worked. I have no idea why?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
The debug dialog should be there all the time. In some ways, its one of the few ways we know what the Flash Uploader is doing. Just put some duct tape over your compter screen if its a problem :)

I don't see anything to indicate problems, so I must have fixed it.

I'm so good I do these things while sleeping.....

Jim

largeeyes

New User
Jeremy
Do you have to have X number of posts before you can upload pictures? The choose files area isn't there for me.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS