Photo Gallery "Fixed" & Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
All photos and Thumbnails have been restored to the system.

All pictures uploaded prior to 5/17/06 have been restored as they were with the following exception. The "normal" or default image is now sized at 640 max instead of 800. This was what I was trying to do when the problem happened. The intent was to further minimize horizontal scrolling for smaller screen resolution. There was bug in the resize routine that caused the problem. That bug is now fixed and images have a max 640 default size. The original image size has been preserved as you orginally uploaded them.

Pictures uploaded after 5/17/2006 have also been restored. Their max will also be 640. But the original size max may have been changed to 800. This will depend on when they were uploaded.

Disclaimer: There are over 8000 pictures on our site. And each picture exists in 3 forms Original, default, and thumbnail, for a total of 24000 pictures8-O and over 3GB of storage8-O 8-O . I have not checked everyone.:roll: So I can not verify that every single one is as I just described it. :eusa_shhh

There were about 15 errors noted when the Database and actual photos where sync'd back up. That means that a few pictures may have been lost.:crybaby2:

Please do a quick survey of your photos in the albums and report any problems or questions in this thread.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mike Davis said:
I'm good! :mrgreen:
Mike, we need a pic that documents that comment :lol:

Steve,
All is in order and life has been restored :mrgreen:

Thanks omnipotent one,
Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
All looks good in my album, you even restored the pics I screwed up while uploading:lol: :lol:
Thanks for all your hard work :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks like all is well now, Steve! I bet you're glad that that one is behind you.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
What really frosts me, is that it was known bug from 2 releases ago that reported fixed in the release that I am using. I finally found the patch in a forum and sure enough it wasn't in the latest code base:BangHead:

cskipper

Cathy
Mine look fine too - or I just don't remember what all was there. Sorry you had all the trouble, but am sure glad you have the skill and spent the time to fix i!

Last edited:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Mine is fine, and I was able to upload a pic into "Faces ... " gallery. Thank you for all the hard work. You are as bad as DaveO. Neither of you ever takes a break to let the rest of us catch up!!:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS