Performax Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
I guess I bought this sander about 10 years ago (from Tarheel Filing, when Tom was still selling equipment)

I was heavy into Shaker furniture at the time and thought this would be great for glued up panel sanding...which it is. This the same sander that's now called a SuperMax ShopPro 25.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/supermax_shoppro25.html

If you read the text, they recommend at least a 600 CFM UFVR ( Useful Flow Volume Rate...vs just VFR, which doesn't tell how much usefulness you have ) A Dust Collector with a VFR of 1250 CFM has only 730 CFM UFVR, in the latest WW Supply catalog. They mean it when they say 600, and I'm sure that's UFVR..because my 2HP Grizzly simply didn't have enough suction to remove the sanding dust adequately...resulting in clogged sandpaper and burning on the wood.

As a result it's been sitting in the shop gathering dust (no pun) and taking up room. I found that I could sand down a panel if it's glued up properly by hand in an acceptable time, and anyway I'm now into building rockers. I probably should have put in an Oneida Cyclone and hooked everything up to it, but just never got around to it. I'd sooner be woodworking than doing HVAC work.

I can vouch for the 0.01 stock thickness uniformity across the bed, and you can adjust it to a gnat's whisker for thickness. It probably got all of 40 hours of use, and I bought a load of sandpaper rolls as you can see in the photos.

I think I paid about $1800 for it back then, plus about $150 in sandpaper . Souther Tool shows it at $1999 and I don't know who else sells it. Performax was bought by Jet I think, and this machine was just too expensive to build for the price they were selling it for.

I think $1500 is a fair asking price, but I'll listen to offers..the machine is essentially new.Be sure you have a dust collector that can really suck..;-). It takes two men and a boy to load it into the back of a pick-up. My shop has double doors so access is not a problem.

Don

Attachments

• CIMG1537.jpg
    CIMG1537.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 175
  • CIMG1538.jpg
    CIMG1538.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 203
  • CIMG1539.jpg
    CIMG1539.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 188

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Don, this would be better listed in the Far Sale classified section...I think that's a good place to sell it :-D
Let me know if you need any assistance placing the ad.
Dave:)

Touchwood

New User
Don
Don, this would be better listed in the Far Sale classified section...I think that's a good place to sell it :-D
Let me know if you need any assistance placing the ad.

Thanks Dave,

Any help would be good. Can I copy this into another forum???..what's the process?

Don

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Don unfortunately I don't think that there is a way to just copy your thread to the For Sale forum. The best thing to do is to re-post it there. If you click on Place an Ad in the lower brown menu bar at the top of the page on the right hand side you will be taken to the page to place the ad. It's pretty self explanatory once you get there, just fill in the blanks.
Give it a try, and let me know if you run into troubles.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Don unfortunately I don't think that there is a way to just copy your thread to the For Sale forum. The best thing to do is to re-post it there. If you click on Place an Ad in the lower brown menu bar at the top of the page on the right hand side you will be taken to the page to place the ad. It's pretty self explanatory once you get there, just fill in the blanks.
Give it a try, and let me know if you run into troubles.

Ran into trouble, Dave; I opened the "Place an Ad" tab. I want to post the pictures I have on the thread. I go to Browse in the picture section of the ad, pull up the same files from my desktop, open one..but nothing happens. I don't see an upload button anywhere>???

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Don, that is one of the problems with using the photo attachment feature. Once you've attached a photo, you can't use it again from the same source. Either re-name your file, or upload it and post it from your gallery album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS