Pens for the Troops Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I just got the following update from CPO Tom Sanchez (I am taking his thanks to me to mean all of the people that contributed to the project):

"Doug, Thanks so much for the pens that you and your network of woodworkers made for myself and the troops of my Command. They are being very well recieved and the individuals who made the pens should be seeing thank you notes as I hand the pens out. I've elected to hand them out to the guys who have gone above and beyond their duties as a personal thank you from your network. I've handed out about 5 of the 100 pens and word has spread quickly that Chief Sanchez is handing out custom made wood pens. Thank you for everything. You are a true Patriot!"

I think the box of pens took the long way to get to him. The unit shipped back to the US from Afghanastan about the time the box should have arrived. Glad they found each other. Pen-makers please post if you hear from any of the troops that got one of the pens!

For those that may have missed it, a group of us made about 100 pens for CPO Sanchez' SeaBees. CPO Sanchez saved the life of a triathlete friend of mine who was critically injured by a hit and run driver. Tom shipped out 2-3 weeks later. Many turners here volunteered to make pens and about 100 were shipped out earlier this year. Tom told me would probbly give his away, so I had Brad (Vetteman9956) laser engrave his name on his pen so that he would have to find another "Tom Sanchez) to give it to or otherwise keep it. :gar-La;

Doug

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Great News Doug, Glad I was able to help you in this great project. You are commended for coming up with the idea and seeing through. I'm sure they all will be treasured.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glad to be a part of the effort and a member of such a caring group of individuals. :eusa_danc

I echo Brad's comments... Thanks Doug for handling this for all concerned.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I too thank you Doug for getting all of this together and I was glad to help you with this - I would like to say to any other member of NCWW that if you would like to do this type of service for our brave men and women who protect this great country of ours do not hesitate to bring it to our attention -

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Doug, glad to have been able to contribute to the cause and thanks for pulling it all together.
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great Job Doug, and all that helped. I am sorry I didn't get to take part in this wonderful gesture due to other commitments . But if it continues, count me in for a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors