Pegas band saw

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Anyone wlsw in this group own this saw?
Ah ha - a typist after my own heart! :rolleyes: :oops::D

I am guessing that 'wlsw' is code for 'else'. So the secret message is "anyone else in this group own this saw?"
Do I win a prize?

My excuse is my fat fingers and being self taught. I hate being found out by my co-workers when I type 'live' on a big screen and all can see the real way 'sausage gets made' Type two letters, delete one, type a few more, delete a few more.... etc.

And sorry, I do not own this saw? Is this a scroll saw?

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Ah ha - a typist after my own heart! :rolleyes: :oops::D

I am guessing that 'wlsw' is code for 'else'. So the secret message is "anyone else in this group own this saw?"
Do I win a prize?

My excuse is my fat fingers and being self taught. I hate being found out by my co-workers when I type 'live' on a big screen and all can see the real way 'sausage gets made' Type two letters, delete one, type a few more, delete a few more.... etc.

And sorry, I do not own this saw? Is this a scroll saw?
Ha need to correct that it's a pegas scrolling band saw and doing a big guy with a little phone sux sometimes lol

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have seen this saw. I think someone here is getting one, I don’t remember who. The incredible thing about it is the blades are very narrow. 1/4” is probably too big for the saw. I have “heard” that the problem is the blades are so thin that they snap while trying to apply the appropriate tension and they are expensive. That is everything I know about it.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have seen this saw. I think someone here is getting one, I don’t remember who. The incredible thing about it is the blades are very narrow. 1/4” is probably too big for the saw. I have “heard” that the problem is the blades are so thin that they snap while trying to apply the appropriate tension and they are expensive. That is everything I know about it.
Yeah I got one of the saws I broke one blade already but I didn't have enough tension they are expensive blades tho I'll try more cutting today

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yeah I got one of the saws I broke one blade already but I didn't have enough tension they are expensive blades tho I'll try more cutting today
I'll bet if yo can figure out the "secret sauce" Union Grove saw and knife (@Diane Dickens) might have or develop a solution?!?

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
Those are definitely some small blades. We do not carry anything that small or we would love to be of assistance. Here is a spec sheet of their blades I found. I may be wrong, but it seems you can only use their blades with their saws, at least for now.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 8.42.58 AM.png

Not sure if you have seen this article and accompanying video but these folks use the saw to create the dolphin puzzle and talk about their findings and experience with the saw. Best of luck and hopefully you get it sorted out.

We Review the New Pégas Scroll Band Saw - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Those are definitely some small blades. We do not carry anything that small or we would love to be of assistance. Here is a spec sheet of their blades I found. I may be wrong, but it seems you can only use their blades with their saws, at least for now.

View attachment 208460

Not sure if you have seen this article and accompanying video but these folks use the saw to create the dolphin puzzle and talk about their findings and experience with the saw. Best of luck and hopefully you get it sorted out.

Actually got to speak to Jeff Vollmer last night (a puzzle box hero of mine) he

View attachment 208460

Actually got to text Jeff Vollmer last night ( a puzzel box legend in my mind ) he clarified a lot for me now to wait for new blades

Diane Dickens

New User
Diane
I'll bet if yo can figure out the "secret sauce" Union Grove saw and knife (@Diane Dickens) might have or develop a solution?!?
We do weld 1/4 bands but I have never seen any with those thicknesses, TPI mentioned on the chart. I'm going to ask James (welder we hired from Woodcraft Bands). He is very savvy and knows his saws and what works. Will get back to ya'll on what I find out.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Thanks the saw is awesome but my lack of knowledge is causing issues lol and a 30$ mistake for 15 min cutting is gonna break the bank quick thanks for checking

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a web friend who is a Pegas dealer. This is the pricing information he sent me.
The current prices are:

91.005 #5 $26.30
91.007 #7 $27.30
91.009 #9 $28.40
91.011 #11 $29.40
91.012 #12 $30.50
91.014 #14 $ 31.50

The price will go up march 1st.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Thank you I have a dealer friend in Tennessee that has the same prices. Klingspore where I bought the saw is about a dollar cheaper but they don't have any #9 #11 #12 blades in stock. If you want to use smaller blades you must purchase bearing guide specific to those blades. Sawman101 and Gene helped me set it up it cuts like nothing I've ever seen but blades are expensive. Union Grove saw and knife is going to try and repair my ignorance. They seem like great folks.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS