PC 690 router + 343K ROS: $87 @ Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I just jumped on that one, too. LOML is out getting her hair done and it is our 40th Anniversary -- will I end up in the Dog House? I hope not! $86.99 with free shipping -- what a deal!

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I am building an overhead router system....this 690 will work perfect!
Thanks for the heads up! Another one ordered, but my sander is out of stock and backordered.......

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
A big thanks! I was on this like stink on a skunk - what a great deal. I now have four 690 routers and each one is dedicated to a purpose - router table, dovetails, plunge and one for ad-hoc bits. Great!!

M

McRabbet

I'm with you, Mark -- I'll have two 690's now and may dedicate one into a jig for horizontal routing. My Router Table has a 3-1/2 HP Milwaukee 5625 in it as I found the 690 a little underpowered for cabinet making bits. Another benefit of this deal is the sander -- I've had the PC 333 5" ROS for several years and wouldn't you know it shredded its base just this morning! Fortunately, I had a new pad for it because I wanted to be able to use either 5-hole or 8-hole H&L sanding media and I picked up the universal replacement pad at Klingspor on my last visit. I just got e-mail notice that the 690 will be shipped on the 26th and the 343 on January 3rd - 7th.

\

M

McRabbet

It's Gloat Time!!

Well, when Mark (mkepke) posted this superb deal at Amazon.com just 5 days before Christmas, I had to jump all over it. And it came true -- the Porter Cable 690LR Router arrived on 12/24 and the 343K 5-inch Random Orbital Sander Kit arrived today. Here's my proof!

100_4517.jpg

Both new Tools with my oldies to the left rear...

100_4518.jpg

New router features an improved quick release motor clamp and dust-covered rocker switch. The older 690 thumb clamp can be seen at top left.
100_4519.jpg

The new 343K 5'' random orbital sander kit. Now I can connect my vacuum hose lots easier!

100_4520.jpg

The receipts -- grand total of $86.99 versus over $140 normally!

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Mark,
Got my 690 the Sat before Xmas - still waiting on the sander. I guess in this case we can give each other a mutual suckerooo - so here is yours ...

You Suck!

Trog777

New User
Trog
Rob must know somebody. How he can get his delivered days before mine when I ordered 7 days (13th vs 20th) before him doesn't add up. :-D I have a scheduled delivery of tomorrow on the router and next week on the sander. This was my second set so I guess they figured I wasn't in a hurry. :lol: They were right of course, but the deal was too good to pass up. Heck, I almost talked myself into going for it a third time. :eusa_thin

Figure to ebay both NIB sanders when the second one gets here since I don't need the sanders. I think they would move quickly at a BIN price of $35, don't ya'll? Then I would have only $50 or so each in the routers. Sweet deal for everybody.

M

McRabbet

I would think you could get at least $35 for the NIB sander kits -- After I posted my gloat last night, I was browsing my new Woodworkers Supply Catalog that arrived yesterday and there they were on page 5 under "Special Deals": Porter Cable 690LR Router and 343K 5" Random Orbit Sander for $164.99. A Red splash under the Sander picture says "FREE Sander $66.99 Value". Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS