Paypal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max1013

New User
AJ
I order a table saw fence T2-30 about two weeks ago and paypal hasn't released the money to Tool Barn. I sent a e-mail to paypal and they gave me the normal run around. I also e-mail tool barn and they didn't reply. I'm worried if I just order it and pay with my credit card it will go through in paypal and I'll be stuck either shipping it back or with two fences. I was thinking of just deleted my paypal account. Will that stop they from paying sometime down the road?

gator

George
Corporate Member
Just an open door opportunity for me to vent. Over the years (at least three times in the past ten years) I will go in to open a PayPal account as I have never had one before, and am told that there is an account connected to my e-mail address. I then try to talk to them and they give me the location of the bank that that account is connected to and it is in a place I have never lived, visited, traveled nearby or had any connection with. I try to talk with some one to explain this and have them look into it and get a complete run-a-round over a period of several days and calls. I give up and do nothing for several years thinking that it will just go away through time and no action on the supposed account. Several years later, same thing. Not only can't I used PayPal but with the service they haven't shown me, I won't, even if this is cleared up.

Sorry to vent, but I hate PayPal

George

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Just an open door opportunity for me to vent. Over the years (at least three times in the past ten years) I will go in to open a PayPal account as I have never had one before, and am told that there is an account connected to my e-mail address. I then try to talk to them and they give me the location of the bank that that account is connected to and it is in a place I have never lived, visited, traveled nearby or had any connection with. I try to talk with some one to explain this and have them look into it and get a complete run-a-round over a period of several days and calls. I give up and do nothing for several years thinking that it will just go away through time and no action on the supposed account. Several years later, same thing. Not only can't I used PayPal but with the service they haven't shown me, I won't, even if this is cleared up.

Sorry to vent, but I hate PayPal

George

George,
Do you have an existing PP account? If so why are you opening a new account? You can change the payment source (credit card, bank account) associated with it anytime instead of opening a new account. If someone other than you has setup an account with your email I would not ignore it. Get Roy Cooper involved.

gator

George
Corporate Member
George,
Do you have an existing PP account? If so why are you opening a new account? You can change the payment source (credit card, bank account) associated with it anytime instead of opening a new account. If someone other than you has setup an account with your email I would not ignore it. Get Roy Cooper involved.

No PP account. Never had one. About 13-14 years ago I tried to open one and got the response I mentioned. I have never seen any unaccounted for activity on any of my actual financial accounts or activities. That is what is so frustrating about PP. They acknowledge no activity but yet when ever I go in every three years or so thinking they would have closed everything due to lack of activity, I get the same run around. They will not do anything to help research the bogus account with the information I want to give them. If it is my account connected to my e-mail, why can't I close the account? They won't let me do that. Did I mention that I have a dislike for PP.

George

b4man

New User
Barbara
I'm no PayPal expert but if I can help from the Merchant position please PM me. Since we deal with Paypal regularly here I might can get some resolution:dontknow: I'm happy to try.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
If the account has settings that you would know. username, password, etc... You mentioned that you could "go in" . Then follow this link to close it. If not, and if you WANT a paypal account then there are tons of free email addresses out there, yahoo, gmail, etc. I also am relatively confident your internet provider probably allow a secondary address. If not then I would probably take a serious look at a provider that would allow more than one email address. At that point you could simply create an account with the address of your choice. I have found over the last ten years or so that having a paypal account is advantageous and the best part of having an account is that people can send money to you:eusa_danc. At that point let the old account die it's own natural death with the old address.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I order a table saw fence T2-30 about two weeks ago and paypal hasn't released the money to Tool Barn. I sent a e-mail to paypal and they gave me the normal run around. I also e-mail tool barn and they didn't reply. I'm worried if I just order it and pay with my credit card it will go through in paypal and I'll be stuck either shipping it back or with two fences. I was thinking of just deleted my paypal account. Will that stop they from paying sometime down the road?

After many years of integrating software with paypal, they are one of my least favorite payment gateways. I rarely have to deal with their account customer service, so I can't speak to quality of that part of their business.

Deleting your account probably won't do anything beneficial for the funds already held. The point of a hold (authorization) is to allow a merchant to ensure that the buyer has the necessary funds at the time an order is placed and that the money will still exist when the funds are taken (charged) at a later date, usually when the order goes through fulfillment. This two stage payment process helps save the merchant from paying unnecessary or extra fees. Issuing a refund with most payment gateways costs the merchant money.

Unfortunately, you're going to need to get a response from Tool Barn to get this resolved quickly. The payment gateways always want the consumer to try and work things out with the merchant for handling these matters. They're usually more willing to cooperate after a charge goes through because they have a chance of hitting the merchant with more fees. A disputed charge is one of the most expensive fees for a merchant. I've seen upwards of $15 dollars and the fee is regardless of the outcome of the dispute.

Max1013

New User
AJ
I call paypal today and the told me the same as you manfre. Well looks like I'll be on the phone with tool barn on Monday. Shame that you have to call a company to take your money. Thanks for the help.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
FWIW, NCWW has had some issues with PP as well. We (meaning Barbara) learned that they changed some policies regarding using PP and paying with another credit card. Nonetheless, the problem was resolved and we can now accept donations and the funds actually get here.

How's that for a cheap Thread hijack? :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS