Parallel venting of cooker hood and dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
The filters do not get all the grease. I have a Jenn - Air downdraft at my presnt - and former homes. Both piping systems drip grease from me not sealing them when I or the former owner here installed them. :BangHead:
I believe code allows maximum of 25 feet of pipe to vent a dryer and I'm not sure about an exhaust hood. You must also allow a deduct of 5 feet for every 90 degree elbow you use.
You will probably end up enlarging the outside flapper. If you use an indoor dryer recovery system, you may be able to get an HVAC contractor to make you a box that will accept the smallest available furnace filter to catch any lint. It should have a boot on one side to attach the dryer hose.
You must also consider what you will be doing in the summertime. You will be adding moisture and heat into the conditioned space causing the A/C to work harder to cool the apartment.
MTCW

These are GUYS remember, you don't think there're going to be doing laundry do you:rotflm:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I/we've tried to share our experience here. It's up to you, now.
But remember this:
Wisdom comes from experience.
Experience comes from poor judgment.
I hope you don't get too much 'experience' from this.

Good luck.

DavidF

New User
David
I/we've tried to share our experience here. It's up to you, now.
But remember this:
Wisdom comes from experience.
Experience comes from poor judgment.
I hope you don't get too much 'experience' from this.

Good luck.

I hear you Dennis, believe me, but one has to investigate fully all angles before giving up. As One tag line goes - are you going to keep telling me I can't build built a house or help me do it - I may have paraphrased slightly, but you get the drift. One man's experience is another man's google search cut and pasted........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS