Panto router

Echd

C
User
A very cool tool, but spendy. Unless you are opposed to having a cnc in your shop, a small cnc machine with provisions for vertical workholding could give you essentially the same functionality and more.

joec

joe
User
I have an old WoodRat, which gives me the X and Y axis control along with the climb cutting ability and use it occasionally, but it is limited on size of material and it is hard to see what you are doing. This would be a big upgrade. Also, I love to own tools in this hobby of mine.

Echd

C
User
I understand fully. In that case it seems like a fun machine with a lot of cool options for joinery.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I looked at that machine, maybe 2 years ago, and debated on buying it. Ultimately, I passed, since I didn't want to spend that amount of money, at that time.

I've seen The Alabama Woodworker (?) use it, among many others, quite extensively. Check his video/s out, if you haven't already.

Probably more niche tool (?), but if you have a need/purpose for it, and maybe even recoup some money from selling some work, I'd say... Get it.

I think I've seen sales of the Panto, or, discount codes, but can't remember where at. It's been too long.

Regardless, if you can, don't pay full price. And whatever you do, enjoy it and make a lot of sawdust.

BKHam

Bradley
User
I just bought a Multirouter from a member here. I was also looking to potentially buy a panto router. This was a good deal which made go multi instead of panto.

If you have satisfied your need to build furniture in more traditional ways, then go for it.

Fermentorman

Mark
Corporate Member
I have one in North Raleigh if you have any interest in seeing one. I will not part with it.

It seems intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is pretty much foolproof. I don’t use my Festool domino much since getting the panto-router. Makes cutting well fitting mortise and tenon joints incredibly simple.

joec

joe
User
I have decided to buy this. Thanks, Fermentorman, I will probably want to take you up on this when I get to Raleigh next.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS