palm sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

New User
allen
just wondering;which is better for finish sanding,1/4 sheet or 5'' random orbital sanders.im leaning towards a 1/4 sheet,cause i have a dewalt ros.worked pretty good new,but now it spins too fast to do a good job .it did come with a replacement bushing for dust collection,which when worn lets them spin too fast,and i did replace that.this sander is about 3 years old,but has not been used all that much.i was looking at the bosh 1/4 sheet sander,looks pretty good.anyone else had experience with the ros speeding up and being hard to control? we have a new dewalt at work and it works good now,but thats not saying a year down the road it wont be like mine. just wondering,any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.. thanks .

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Go to Dewalt .com, click on services (far right tab) and register for the Service Net. Once you have done that, you can find your tool, parts diagrams and order the parts. Costs are good and delivery is quick (My experience has been within 2 - 3 days) The Service Net site is not really user friendly, but with a little perseverance you should be able to find your tool. For the ROS, you have a couple of tool categories (sanders, orbital sanders, etc). Check them all out. Only one is the Dewalt ones. I had a non-vacuum dewalt 5" ros I upgraded to the vacuum type for less than $20 (bought extra velcro, psa dpads along with the base shroud/bag assy). You can order every different piece, including the brushes/ screws, etc to refurb your tool. For yours, it sounds like you either need a new pad or the thin plastic piece right behind it (that provides the friction to keep it slowed down). Don't have time now to go look, but if you run into trouble, pm me and I will try to do a dry run for you.
By all means, tho, don't let this bit of info stop you from buying a new tool!!:lol:
Go

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For a "palm" sander, I find the PC/ Rockwell 330 Speedblock hard to beat. I own six of them, all bought used. New, they are almost $100 now, but used I have bought as cheap as $5.00. Most used will need a new pad, which you can make from a "mouse pad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors