Page loading delay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
This has been going on for a couple of days.

Whenever I click on the Home Page, or any link from that (a thread/reply/etc) the page loads immediately, but then there is about a 2 second delay before I can scroll down, etc. :icon_scra This only happens on NCWWer. Doesn't happen on any other sites. :dontknow:

Just in case it is just me (which is possible) :rotflm:, I'm using FF on Windows XP. The computer is a Sony Vaio (desktop).

Thanks for the help. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Can you try viewing the page in IE and see if you have the same problem? It sounds like your machine is "hanging" after loading, perhaps because of an advertisement that uses Java, or because it's pulling in an ad image from somewhere. Either one could be caused by the browser.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm pretty sure it is the google adsense server being particularly slow with specific ads
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Just opened it in IE and it still loads a little slow, but not the straight up delay like in FF. In FF, you click on the page and everything shows up instantaneously, but then freezes for about two seconds (scrolling banners and all).

Like Steve said, it may be the ads. Not sure when these particular ads started showing up, but if it was fairly recent, that might be the problem. :eusa_thin
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I tend to suspect the ad as well.

Just as a test, I've also turned off the scrolling banner.

Let me know if you still see the delay.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I tend to suspect the ad as well.

Just as a test, I've also turned off the scrolling banner.

Let me know if you still see the delay.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Jim,

There's still a delay. I guess it isn't the scrolling banner. Must be the ads. :eusa_thin Oh well, if I'm the only one having this problem then I guess I'll just have to deal with it. :gar-La;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Trent it isn't really a "problem". You young whipper-snappers are just too impatient.:gar-La;

It appears to be the new Chevy ad at the top of the page. It loads in multiple stages and there is a brief delay between the screen change.

This too shall pass, my friend.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I wasn't complaining, just trying to help fix somethin. :embaresse Was more like seeing if it was site related or if my internet was acting funny. :dontknow: It's ok, I know the best comes to those who wait. :gar-La;

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Just jerking your chain my friend.:wink_smil

We all get afflicted with the "instant gratification" syndrome...I certainly need to learn to be more patient and enjoy life more.:icon_thum

Best wishes,
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

M

McRabbet

I would recommend that we create a "dial-up version" for folks that are truly impacted by these intensive components (I already posted this in the SAS thread) -- we've created a stripped down version for our smart phone folks, so let's do one for those that really need adequate perfromance through dial-up (or we'll lose them).
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.4; InfoPath.2)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
we've created a stripped down version for our smart phone folks,

Really? :widea: I just got one of those LG touch screen/sliders last week. Tried to log onto the site and it didn't load everything on the home page. Also, I couldn't even open threads. Definitely gonna look for that. :eusa_thin

sapwood

New User
Roger
Really? :widea: I just got one of those LG touch screen/sliders last week. Tried to log onto the site and it didn't load everything on the home page. Also, I couldn't even open threads. Definitely gonna look for that. :eusa_thin

Yeah, where is it :dontknow:
Would it work with my iTouch?

Thanks,
Roger

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

M

McRabbet

I need to apologize for an error in my earlier post here -- I knew that Jim was working on a "mobile" version for smart phone folks and I thought it had been finished -- my bad -- it is still under development. But since it will be stripped down, I would think that it should work for dial-up folks, too.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.4; InfoPath.2)

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I haven't noticed any delays on the site. Except of course for when Trend Micro (my AV software) updated and locked me out of everything inter-netty. Took a couple of phone calls to tech support but all has been well since.

And I still haven't seen a Chevy truck ad. I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I have yet to lay eyes on it. Not that I mind as a MOPAR guy!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
And I still haven't seen a Chevy truck ad. I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I have yet to lay eyes on it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Using dial up, that sounds like a GLOAT to me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
First thing I would try it to clear your temporary internet files.

This has been going on for a couple of days.

Whenever I click on the Home Page, or any link from that (a thread/reply/etc) the page loads immediately, but then there is about a 2 second delay before I can scroll down, etc. :icon_scra This only happens on NCWWer. Doesn't happen on any other sites. :dontknow:

Just in case it is just me (which is possible) :rotflm:, I'm using FF on Windows XP. The computer is a Sony Vaio (desktop).

Thanks for the help. :icon_thum

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Glennbear

Glenn
First thing I would try it to clear your temporary internet files.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Yep, that helped things for me, stopped a lot of my cussing at Wild Blue. :gar-La;

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.4; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Dragon

New User
David
Trent you're not alone here. I've been having the same issue with the couple of seconds delay between page loading and ability to scroll through it.:dontknow: I only noticed it a couple of days ago and figured it was something peculiar about my machine but we're both running essentially the same get-up. I'm using FF on an air card via my cell provider and haven't had the problem previously. Must be something that has recently changed with the site itself. Oh, I've cleared the caches and temp files too and didn't change anything.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Trent you're not alone here. I've been having the same issue with the couple of seconds delay between page loading and ability to scroll through it.:dontknow: I only noticed it a couple of days ago and figured it was something peculiar about my machine but we're both running essentially the same get-up. I'm using FF on an air card via my cell provider and haven't had the problem previously. Must be something that has recently changed with the site itself. Oh, I've cleared the caches and temp files too and didn't change anything.

The next step I would try is to update your JAVA plugin for your browser. I am running Firefox without any problems. You could also check to make sure you are running the latest version of Firefox.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
it has been slow here too. I assumed it was firefox. it didn't seem to be a problem until I upgraded to 3.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS