Over the top shop!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
13:10 minute mark...."You can truly never have enough clamps"......This guy is my hero!!!!

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
That’s really cool. And if he enjoys building for his shop, more power to him. Over the years, I’ve reached the point it is rare for my wife to want something, and my kids don’t need anything except occasionally (one of whom is still on the west coast), so my approach is to build stuff I want to build and figuring out who to give it to. Building for a showplace shop is an interesting idea (but not one I’ll actually do).

I suppose that building and maintaining a woodworking shop can be its own hobby, and if that is the end product, then one can take pride in the outcome, much as if one had built a highboy, and perhaps one might enjoy it for its own sake. Just as one can store items in a cardboard box instead of a highboy, the extravagant shop that nothing gets built in stands a as testament to craftsmanship, the logic perhaps being similar to the logic of building a highboy.

We all need our muse.
Tone

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Once again I ask: Where is tlhe woodworking being done? This should be in another section listed as I have more money than you.

Last edited:

helper

helper - woodsman
User
I'd like to say that this would be a "dream" shop, but... there is little or no indication of real "work" to be one on the actual topic, woodworking.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I question some of it. Why would you need four air filters side by side. The volume of the room does not warrant it.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I think this is a case of a guy with plenty of money and just liking over the top things.

From the look of his office I'm betting he's a high end builder.

thebroofmoses

Aaron
User
To everyone's point of being a little over the top, the rationale may be using the entire shop as a case piece to show the level of craftsmanship that is included with paying for the price that they may be paying for any work they receive. Nick Pedulla has an amazing shop and he explains in the video below why he goes above and beyond on any shop infrastructure, which makes sense in his work. If anything, another great video to check out!

helper

helper - woodsman
User
Nick Pedulla is on my subscription list for YouTube - he goes way over the top for most things, but his craftsmanship is unparalleled! I really liked the bench dogs on this video.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS