Other Forums/Need Help on last Post/Special offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Dragon I know about chains...On this monster I just took down I went through a total of 18 chains at $13-$28.00 a pcs...I have a 18" bar, 14" bar and 32" bar and really they all come in handy. I also went through two backs....:cry_smile. I'm so sore my 2 year old could take me right now:slap:. I had to borrow a 42" bar and and 75CC saw and cut all four side to get some slabs...This tree was a huge under taking...I told him next time a tree is that big it could just take out the fences and gates when it ends up in the creek. I wasn't touching something that big again.:no:

Well guys I have 3 major orders to fill so try and plan a day soon or I might be out soon...But no worries just landed 5 more Birds eye maple today and still have one more across the street to get.

Everyone have a great week...

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Guys I need some more help...In this wood there is Light to medium to Very heavy figured pieces and I'm selling it all for the same price...Also what do you guys think is the best way to sell? per pound or per board foot?

If someone wants to help me figure out some of this stuff as per BF per species of wood you will be a life time friend not to mention have a ll the turning stock you could ever want...I'm so flustrated in trying to be fair on prices and take care of everyone, but I have worked from 6 am to 2 Am for the last 7 dyas rain or shine....and I'm not hardly making a cent...I know that sounds crazy but think about saws, chains, oil and gas and I had to pay 2 people to help me cause I just couldn't carry another piece of wood. There has to be a way to figure all this out and maybe someone has done it before and can help...

Thanks guys,
I'm glad I have a board of buddies I can explain all the problems to. Any help would be great. I just want to be fair plus make a little money while unemployed and be able to pay the bills, and take care of the kids.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Chris:

Pricing by the board foot is fairer IMHO. Wet wood is naturally heavier and as it dries it gets lighter. If you can figure how mant bdf you got from the tree and you know how much ot cost you to take it down cut it up and haul it, (and your time is worth $), then you an figure your cost/bdf. Figure in an amount to make some money and there is your asking price. If it seems too high then people will not buy. I have seen your wood first hand and can vouch for the quality. It is a turners delight!

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Sorry GUys I have been busy filling orders my blanks are now being sold in WoodCraft, Mantool and the Klingspor Stores....So guys please go by and check them out...For the best deals come by and see me here in Newton NC at the house and I will take care of you.

I have sold over 4000 bf of Birdseye Maple, 2200 bf of Ambrosia Maple, and 1640 bf of Burl Cherry. And don't forget about the Persimmon? sp, Spalted Maple, Spalted red Oak, Spalted blk Oak. Needless to say I wake up alot at night feeling like I'm still using a chainsaw. I have lost over 28lbs in 2 months. Heck of a way to get in shape.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and stay in touch. NCTurner I will bring you something to the picnic. Also if anyone wants me to bring some wood there I will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS