Osborne Excalibur Miter Gauge EB-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I just assembled my Osborne Excalibur Miter Gauge EB-3 that was delivered today.

Does anyone here use one?

Did you attach the rough grit sandpaper (used for slippage) to the miter gauge?

I have not yet and I don't think I'm going to. But I'm willing to listen to others advice. I have not been able to try it but it seems very nice.

Red

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I did not on mine at first, but had a little trouble keeping the work from sliding when using it for large miters, so went ahead and put it on. Have used it quite a bit since an am happy with it on there.

With it on, tho, you have to deliberately push the board off the fence to slide it over to the stop when making repetitive cuts.

I haven't had trouble with it marring the surface of the board.

Go

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congrats on the upgrade, Red :icon_thum

However, my monitor doesn't show any pictures :gar-Bi

Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I put the 40 grit on mine and have not had an error in the two years I have used it. Gotta pick the wood up to move it but that is OK. Use the stop and all will be OK.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
If you haven't put the 40 grit on yet subsitute a strip of 120 or 150. I put the supplied 40 grit strip on it and peeled it off and replaced it with a strip of 120 and like to the feel and workability much better.

Dan C.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Thanks all. I'm not going to install it yet. I will use it as is for now and see if it needs any traction. First I need some wood!

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS