Osborne EB-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
It's really a nice and easy to set after market miter. I believe one of the wood working mags gave it the Best Value award last year. I have one and it is super easy to calibrate and at that price it's a real winner.

Dan C.

waltv

New User
Walt
I have one. It's a good miter gauge. Sturdy and accurate for miters. It's pretty versatile for miters......nice for holding longer pieces for miters. It's a high end miter gauge, period!

The folding stop is a little bit touchy. The stop doesn't grip the groove in the extrusion real tight. Measure twice and cut once......or more times. Some things are better done with a croscut sled.

All in all, I would say it is worth the money. Looked at most of all the rest of them before I bought the Osborne. If you buy it, spend a little time reading the manual and tuning it after you take it out of the box.

DavidF

New User
David
I have the dewalt equivalent that came with the 746 saw and it's "OK" I find that there is deflection in the extrusion when moving larger pieces. I stopped using it for when I need perfect 90 Deg cuts and built a cross cut sled - much better. I also found that the eccentric adjustment went out of wack every so often. Personally, I wouldn't pay $100 for it. Anything that is adjustable I tend to steer clear of. Build a sled.

Bob Buchholz

New User
Bob Buchholz
I like mine. The only complaint I have is the amount of time it takes to move from the left slot to the right.

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
I have one and totally agree with the comments that it is a good tool but a PIA to switch from left to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS