Opportunity for Woodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEM

New User
Matt - JEM Watercraft
I'm not exactly sure if this message belongs in this thread so moderators, feel free to move as you see fit.

I got an e-mail from someone who is looking to have some oars made 12-18' long from Spruce. He will be using them as handrailings for a cabin he's building.

Now I imagine this would be a job for a spoke shaver or something like that. Doubt anyone has a lathe at home quite that big! I don't think he's looking for mueseum quality work but it should be nice.

I'm guessing he's willing to compensate a fair price for labor plus materials but I'm not exactly sure how much. That will between him and the person that makes them.

He lives in Davidson.

If anyone is interested, reply to ths thread or shoot me an e-mail. This isn't any sort of business for me. I'm just trying to help him out.

Thanks,

Matt

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Matt, thanks for posting this here. I am sure that you will find somebody interested in the project. I am moving this to the Requests for Custom Projects forum, so hopefully you'll get more attention from the folks that regularly check it out.
Dave:)

JEM

New User
Matt - JEM Watercraft
Wes said it was ok to contact him directly at jwp767 @ bellsouth. net (no spaces).

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
just a note;

to pass code a handrail must have a gripping surface of 1 1/4- 2 5/8 (or 3 1/2 for exterior)

this must run from the nose of the bottom tread to the begining of the top landing, the flared out paddle end woould not qualify so it would have to run past these two points.........or be put on after final inspection, but i did not say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS