Operable Exterior Shutter Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W

New User
Steve
I think I've decided that my next project will be operable panel shutters for the front of my house.

Looking through the usual Google sort-order when searching for "shutter hardware" and related links reveals, of course, the results based on how much money the provided provided the dear boys at Google. Much of this hardware seems to be very pricey in relation to what it is (wrought iron pintels, shutter dogs, etc.)

I don't need something to pass muster at Olde Salem -- just stuff that works on my c 1980 Williamsburg Colonial subdivision house.

Anyone know of local vendors or sources near the Triad / Durham area?

Muchos gracias...

:kermit: Steve

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
I'd recommend Architectural Salvage (in downtown Greensboro) it's a nonprofit business that sells reclaimed wood/hardware/architectural pieces (all minimum 50y old), and while selection is random/varying they have the best prices for that kinda stuff (some retailers shop there only to flip pieces in their own shop!) Rather odd hours (I think open 2.5dy week, mostly Fridays and also AM Saturday.
Good luck

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Vandykes is where I'd look. I've bought from them and their service is outstanding. Especially if you have a problem. Pricing is in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors