One more thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The move to the dedicated server is going to double my costs. So to help make up for it I'm going to stop my Google adwords campaign

NO, I WILL not START TAKING ADVERTING or Asking for or accepting donations. My commitment still stays the same.

As some your realize most of our members have found the site through that ad service. Without out our growth rate will drop drastically.

One of the things, I'm going to do is tune the site for search engines and that will help a bit. But the real gains will come from referals and and links caused by talking us up in other places. So all help in those areas will be appeciated.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, I have passed on the web address to a few folks in hope that they would join. I haven't seen any of them join yet but who knows they could be lurking in the shadows. I think I am going to make a handful of business cards with the web site logo and address to pass out as I run into folks into WW'ing.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I too mention this site to everyone who I run into that is interested in woodworking. If they join, I don't know but I do try to get the word out. I don't think that it will kill us if membership slows a little, word of mouth will carry it along. The reputation has been built, folks are impressed with the site and they will tell other folks.

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Sorry about the increased costs -- we'll do anything we can to help. I've been posting still on Woodnet, showing my link. Making the site "google optimized" will certainly help also... I've been meaning to do that to my site as well.

cskipper

Cathy
I tell anybody/everybody about this site - kind of feel like it's written on my forehead. :lol: Like the others mentioned, I have no idea if they have joined. Please let us know if we can do anything to help out.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Ditto on sharing the word, I like DL's card idea too. You can get he cards to run through the printer pretty cheap and it would be easy to carry those around.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I know you guys are out there spreading the word and I thank you very much for doing that. I just wanted you all to know becuase I may trying a few things and I just wanted to give a heads up so you wouldn't be surprised.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Steve we really appreciate all you do. Hopefully once we figure out the new logo we can get some business cards to the local Woodcraft, Klingsplores, and other related companies. That may help as well.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I second everyone's comments.

Thought, would it be cheaper/easier for you to host it on your own server through a static IP from DSL or Cable?

I can come up with a lot of the hardware to accomplish it if that is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS