Once More I am PITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Don't scan this read it
[rant]
Everyone, let me repeat once again. PM's and email are NOT the way to report problem, find out how to something, have something changed in your account, etc. I promise you that 99% of the time, you will get better, faster results by using the mechanisms already in place. And even in those cases, were it is not, you can be sure that someone else is having the same problem or will have in the future.

A forum is a place to SHARE info, not just woodworking, but also the day to day operations of the site. If we can't get this under control, I will be forced to go to a Ticket system. I promise things will resolve a lot slower that way.[/rant]

OK, so what is the correct way.

First, look at the list of forums. There is a group of 4 forums under the heading "Site Features - How to & Problems". Most issues that require some resolution or help can be addressed by posting in one of those Forums. Which one? Well if it is not clear, then take guess and post. One of the admins or mods will move it to the right place if necessary. Many time we may not know which one it belongs to, until we get the resolution.

Now how about things like signature, email address, password, zip code, etc. etc. Click on User Settings in the left hand menu. That will take you to the "User Control Panel" or UserCP. You can change almost everything the system does for you or has information about you.

And finally, there is help desk. Everything else is covered there, Look at the items in the help desk, pick the one that describes what you need.

There is one entry Make a request needs some explanation. These, like Request Photo Album do the same thing. They automatically create a Request that goes into a Queue that The Admins and Mods work off.

So what things would go there?
Change your Username
Ask for your Website to be listed under "Member "Websites"
Request the creation of a Usergroup
Request the creation of Private Forum for your Usergroup
Request a Photo Galley for your usergroup
Ask for a second Photo Album for yourself
Add or change a wood dealer's listing.
Add a Page for your group or yourself in pages of interest (must be available in HTML)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Yes you are! But we still love you anyway! Running this site is like herding cats or trying to push a car uphill, using a rope. Steve, most of us (at least me ) are techno dummies, and probably shouldn't even be allowed here. Thanks for all your hard work! Three cheers for Steve Hip, hip, horay hip, hip, horay hip, hip, horay! Bruce Wrenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS