Old Tool Gloat w/Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Well let me try this yet again. Last Saturday LOML dragged me to an auction. She collects McCoy cookie jars and pottery and low and behold they had some old tools going up also. Long story short; I picked up 4 steel bar clamps (3 4 footers and 1 3 footer) for $12.50, a Buck Bros drawknife for $10.00 and the three Stanley Boxwood Pocket Rules for $20.00. BTW, LOML also picked up the McCoy items she was after for $40.00 (a really good price she said). See the pics of the tools below.

Here are the pics, thanks to Monty' tutorial in the FAQ.

Auction_clamps_drawknife.JPG

The Manage Attachments window still won't open. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong???

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Auction_clamps_drawknife.JPG

Dan, if the pictures are in you photo album you don't want to use the "Attachment" function, it is used to pull pics of your hard-drive and isn't really the best way to post pics.
If the pic is in your album, all you have to do is copy the URL of the picture, available at the in the info box below the picture and paste it into the box provided when you click on the yellow button that looks like mountains and a black sun (Insert Image).
It's rather easy, there is a better tutorial written by Monty in the FAQs section.
HTH, Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Make sure you don't have a Pop-up Blocker enabled. That will prevent the Manage Attachments window from opening. That's thrown me for a loop a few times, seeing as I rarely use that function.
Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Great buy on the new old tools!! Looks like a well deserved
"You Suck " to me!!:eusa_clap

Go

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Dave/Monty,

Thanks, I went over Monty' tutorial and was able to load the two pics from the gallery. I still have a question on the "Manage Attachments". If I want to upload from my HD shouldn't I use the Manage Attachments? Also I noticed when you uploaded the pics of the auction clamps in your reply, it came out a larger size than the thumbnail. When I uploaded the thumbnail there was a sizing box surrounding the thumbnail but it would not enlarge via my mouse activity...any suggestions?

Thanks for you help and patience.

Dan C.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave/Monty,

Thanks, I went over Monty' tutorial and was able to load the two pics from the gallery. I still have a question on the "Manage Attachments". If I want to upload from my HD shouldn't I use the Manage Attachments? If you want to use a picture directly off your HD and not be able to use it again, then the Manage Attachment function will do that. But uploading the picture to your album gives you much more flexibility in placement, size of upload, and the ability to use the picture again. Also I noticed when you uploaded the pics of the auction clamps in your reply, it came out a larger size than the thumbnail. When I uploaded the thumbnail there was a sizing box surrounding the thumbnail but it would not enlarge via my mouse activity...any suggestions? When I imbedded your picture in my reply I clicked on the picture and opened it up, and then I right clicked on it for it's Properties and copied/pasted the URL. That could be the difference, but I am not sure :dontknow:

Thanks for you help and patience.

Dan C.

I hope that helps a little, I post pictures a little different than is recommended in the tutorials, but that is because I have always done it that way, before the software upgrades and I don't do change well.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS