Old Craftsman Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Just in case you have never seen it, this is what the box looks like. I found it in Harris Teeter, down on the bottom shelf in the laundry detergent section.

IMG_6685.jpg

R

rickc

NCPete said:
Michael,

I would like to know your source for the craftsman planes you found. I will be picking up a craftsman stanley-ish 7 or 8 when I drive back home next time. Grampa used it to build houses with it back in the 30's. It would be fun to make a complete set.

There are a couple old planes up on eBay, described poorly, that you might want to check out. If you do a search on the phrase:
Vintage WOOD PLANER U.S.A. Old woodworking

You will see two. Might be an economically feasible alternative! One appears to be a low angle block plane and the other a #4?? I put a "placeholder" bid on one at the opening price. (I have since kicked myself for not researching more, :-( as it appears to be one I already have. I am hoping feverishly someone comes and bids 10 cents more so I am off the hook!)

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
rcorne01 said:
(I have since kicked myself for not researching more, :-( as it appears to be one I already have. I am hoping feverishly someone comes and bids 10 cents more so I am off the hook!)

You'll soon find that you need more planes, even
duplicate ones. You can set the cut differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS