O.K., So I'm Confused (What's New?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I just received today the latest Powermatic sales catalog (prices good through April 30, 2007). A PM2000 w/ 50" fence and table, 3HP/240V/1Ph is selling for $400 less than a PM66 w/50" fence and table, 3HP/240V/1Ph. Even the PM66 w/30" fence unit (albeit at 460V/1Ph/3HP) is $200 more than the PM2000. Now I understood that the 2000 was basically an upgrade over the 66 with more and better features. If this be the case, and I may be confused, how does it sell for $400 less?

Tom, anyone care to enlighten me?

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
George I could be wrong but I think that the PM2000 leans more toward a hybrid saw than a true cabinet saw. It does have some new innovative features but the PM66 is still the big daddy of the line. Steve, care to comment on my speculation.

Dave:)

gator

George
Corporate Member
Dave -

That may and could be. I guess I have not seen any of the ads, comments or reviews place it in the 'hybrid' catagory. At least that would explain the price difference.

George

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I remember reading something in FWW about the PM2000. It is designed in USA, but totally manufactured in Taiwan. I don't know if PM66 is still made in USA or not. I do think I remember it was going to be a bit less than 66.

Is it an upgrade? I would say so with the features it has, but I don't know for sure. I wonder if they weigh about the same?

T

toolferone

The PM2000 is A FULL BLOWN CABINET SAW!! It is 3hp 220v and weighs about 600 lbs. Yes it is made in China, thus the lower price.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I remember reading something in FWW about the PM2000. It is designed in USA, but totally manufactured in Taiwan. I don't know if PM66 is still made in USA or not.
I wonder if they weigh about the same?

Travis, you may have a very valid point with the origin of manufacture. The PM2000 is about 60# lighter than the PM66, if I read the specs. right
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors