NYW Router Table - Dust Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcottrell

New User
Lance
I'm building the NYW router table and have a rather stupid question. How does that dust port attach to the back of the fence? The DVD never shows it being attached. Does it sit on top of the 3 little block or inside of them? Do you just use like 1/2" screws to screw it into the top part of the fence so the screws don't go through and hang up the sliding parts of the fence?

This is definitely a learning project. This is my first time working with laminate. Based on some comments I read online about the design, I decided to put T track on the top for the fence to ride in instead of routing two slots. That's about all I've changed so far. I am putting it on locking casters I got from Hartville and I'm likely going to make it the same height as my table saw so it can serve as an extension table as well.

Any other comments/suggestions are certainly welcomed and appreciated.

Lance

Wilmingtonian

New User
David
Lance,

I built the same table a couple years ago and I ordered the accessory kit from Rockler, which included the dust port. I am not sure if you are using the same one, but here are some pictures that may help to answer your question.

IMG_14661.JPG

Like Scott said, there should be two screw wings on each side:

IMG_1470.JPG

I think that I used 1/2 inch screws with washers.

And finally, I included a side shot:

IMG_14711.JPG

I hope this helps. Good luck with this project. This was my first major project and I learned a lot from it. I use it quite often, as you can tell from the pictures. :wsmile:

lcottrell

New User
Lance
David,

Outstanding. Thanks for the pictures and the information. That was exactly what I needed. I can see that the dust port goes on top of the blocks, which is something I was wondering about too. I am using the kit from Rockler too, so I have the same dust port.

Much appreciated! :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS