Not Exactly Fine Furniture....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
but I was able to put some salvaged Red Oak to use. This is a ATV Tool Box I made for my son's ATV. He uses his ATV in the woods to go deer hunting, etc. and always carries tools with him (chain saw, etc.). He got the wood from the military base where he works. A contractor was replacing the furniture in the barracks and was disposing of the old (headed for a land field). It is beautiful red oak but has dados in some place where the shelves were. I was able to get enough to make a decent tool box.

DSC03164.JPG

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice recycle Splinter :icon_thum What size is the box and what did you as the finish?

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice recycle Splinter :icon_thum What size is the box and what did you as the finish?

It is 14"w x 34"L x 12"H. I use exterior Spar Urethane. I didn't remove the old finish. I scuffed it a little with sandpaper and applied the new finish. We'll see if it holds up.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That's about the nicest ATV box I've ever seen and it looks functional too! Let's face it, rugged functionality counts most...the good looks is just a bonus.

Nice box. :icon_thum

Chuck

T

toolferone

I like it. It has nice clean lines. It looks solid. Well done! I would put it in my living room no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS