Norm's Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Norm uses a hammer with plastic peens on both sides for knocking parts together and apart. Anyone have a source for these? I have searched and have only found a really cheap one from Harbor Freight.:tool:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
The bigger ones are called a "dead blow" hammer or mallet. The inside is typically partially filled with lead or steel shot, or sand which rattles slightly when you tilt the hammer. The affect of the shot is to increase the inertial, the amount of time of the applied force, while reducing bounce-back. You can get them at most home centers, HF, Northern Tool, Ace, Amazon, etc. Most home centers will also have the smaller nylon tipped hammers which may or may not have lead shot in them.

31Tokh0C6-L._SS500_.jpg

21QGHFME0JL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Geoff:
Here is link to Stanley site, I think these plastic face hammers are what you are after, I have one that has lasted dang near forever. According to Stanley you should be able to find them at an Ace Hardware Store. Because of the smaller head size I find them handier than a dead blow mallet. :wsmile:
http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?TYPE=CATEGORY&CATEGORY=SOFT+FACE+HAMMERS&PAGENUMBER=2

Thanks, Glenn! That was just what I was looking for. :tool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS