No Smack Raffle Talk

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Today must be a great day to buy a raffle ticket, or 10.

It is Cinco de Mayo! $5 tickets bought May 5th (5/5). It must be an omen.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Mike and Scott.

I suspect there are 12,848 (out of ~13,000) forum subscribers who have yet to participate. If 25% of those would buy one ticket, the raffle wood be fully subscribed, the forum would have operating funds, and the scholarship fund would be on target.

Thank you to all raffle ticket buyers.

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
@Dee2 , I did send an email last night to over 800 members, and as of this morning, resulted in 240 tickets sold.
Buying mine shortly, got the reminder email last night.

I am unfamiliar with the scholarship. Might be a good idea to remind us newer guys what that is and who benefits from it?

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I don’t participate in raffles due to a religious conviction, but I want to do my part as a member by making a donation. How can I go about doing this?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don’t participate in raffles due to a religious conviction, but I want to do my part as a member by making a donation. How can I go about doing this?
In the menu bar, click the Donate/Pay button:
1683297067451.png

Buying mine shortly, got the reminder email last night.

I am unfamiliar with the scholarship. Might be a good idea to remind us newer guys what that is and who benefits from it?
NCWW has started an endowment fund for scholarships. See this post for the details: North Carolina Woodworker Outreach Scholarship Plan

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
For those of you have participated either through buying raffle tickets or through donations, we would like to thank you. For those of you who have not, I do hope you see a value in this community and buy some raffle tickets. You have nothing to lose and you have a chance to win something that will make your shop more fun. In the long haul you help keep this community running and hopefully it can encourage others to learn this great hobby.

badger fan

Bruce
User
Just bought the second batch! Happy to be part of the site support efforts.
Unfortunately, I am out of town for the picnic. Hate that I will miss it. Always good food, good fellowship and a place to expand community.
Hope the weather is glorious!

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
HI there. I bought 4 tickets on Friday and have yet to receive the numbers. Can someone please send them to me? thanks.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm calling the Sunday chores now done!!

Last edited:

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, after the chore of buying raffle tickets, I picked up the SIL at the airport and watched him load two oak crotches into the back of the truck. One is probable 20-22" across, the other 28-30". I guess I did help a little, LOL. Also got an interesting dogwood crotch and a smaller persimmon log about 4'X5"dia. Got them all sprayed down with Tim-Bor. I'll seal the ends tomorrow.

Time to sharpen the lathe tools.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
The push is on. Only a few short weeks till the picnic. I was compelled to buy another batch of tickets - Just becasue.....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS