Nicholson #49 Rasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeremy,
Check the shipping charge. $17.18 to ship UPS ground to Concord is a smidgen too much. Ya think?:realmad:
fine print:
NOTICE: These fees do not necessarily represent UPS published rates and may include charges levied by Alexandria General Supply

I got mine through Jamestown when they had a sale last December for ~$30 plus ~$7 shipping.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yeah, I noticed that. Even at $11 shipping with the other that's about the WC price (which I'd rather give them my business). Man, these chunks of metal of expensive!

Update: The #49 isn't such a great deal online after shipping, but if you get both you save a bundle (unfortunately you spend a bundle too!)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I need one of those too ... per John's list for making a rocking chair!

Jeremy - I visited John's shop during his last rocking class and no one seemed to like that rasp. I'd check with him before buying everything on the list. I think some things are more important than others.

pete

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Jeremy - I visited John's shop during his last rocking class and no one seemed to like that rasp. I'd check with him before buying everything on the list. I think some things are more important than others.

pete

Will do. :icon_thum

I have something similar to that already ... so maybe a dup.

The list also says I need a No 8 or No 9 carving gouge ... any suggestions?

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
This price seems "too" low ... what gives? Are there different qualities of a Nicholson #49 rasp?
http://www.alexgs.com/product/cooper-hand-tools-nicholson-18846.html

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to order one of these?

That is the best price I have seen on them. I wonder though, do you have to buy a full box(6) to get that price? Surely 24.95 is not for 6 rasps. But it is a little confusing to me to be sure if it is one or six that you would be ordering.:dontknow:

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS