Next Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
It's too hot to work in the shop so I've been thinking up new projects for when the temp. moderates. I've come up with this scolloped top pedestal table. The pedestal and sides and banding on the top will be walnut. The inner part of the to will be veneered lacewood, QS sycamore or tiger maple. The inner scolloped medalion will be walnut. Anybody got any suggestions? It might be confusing but the sketch is in 2 scales. Pardon my drawing, I'm not much of an artist.

Attachments

• 100_0358.jpg
    100_0358.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 123

nelsone

New User
Ed
Larry, it looks like a great project. I would have some concern about the sharp points on the scallops, would you round them off a little? For my own knowledge, how will you shape the pedestal? I'll be looking forward to seeing the project unfold!

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Ed, No I wouldn't leave the points sharp just round them slightly. Maybe a 3/8" radius. I was just too sorry to draw it. The base will be turned on a lathe and I guess the fluting will be done with gouges. Although I've never done it myself, if it's laid out properly it shouldn't be too hard (famous last words) :eusa_pray

MikeH

New User
Mike
For not being an artist your sketch looks great. I completely understand what the table will look like. It looks like it will be beautiful!

nelsone

New User
Ed
...it shouldn't be too hard (famous last words) :eusa_pray

:rolf:I love when I tell someone that! It's usually followed up with "Oh shoot, how am I gonna do that!" Please take progress picks. I'd be very interested in seeing them!

DavidF

New User
David
Although I've never done it myself, if it's laid out properly it shouldn't be too hard (famous last words) :eusa_pray

How many times have I said that???????? There is NO such thing as an easy job! Dining table, estimate 40 hrs - actual SO FAR 66

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
80 deg outside at 11:00 last night. I have a small window AC but it does take some time to cool down. Might be a good time to invest in one. This time of year, I consider it just as important as any power tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS