Next Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Today I bought wood for my next project. As I did with tool chest, I purchased OS red oak from Scott Smith. Beautiful wood from a terrific gentleman...he spent an incredible amount of time helping me select boards that will best showcase the cabinet. If all goes well, in a few weeks (or months) I will have something that looks similar to the following:

wall_cabinet_9.jpg

View image in gallery

The one detail that I plan to do differently than the picture is to use actual QS oak boards for the cabinet doors instead of plywood.

Thanks Scott, I am very appreciative of your time and your advice.

Donn

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Donn, after seeing how well your last project turned out, I can't wait to see the next results of your handiwork!

Thanks much for stopping by today and letting me participate in your wood selection. I sure had a great time!

Scott

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Donn, if this turns out as nice as your tool chest (and I know it will) it will be a beauty. I can't wait to see the pics as you progress. :icon_thum

Bill

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Thank you all for your encouraging comments, I am excited about starting this project. As for Bill's question, I got this plan online (as I did for the tool chest plan) from PlansNow. If you are interested, the website is:

http://www.plansnow.com/walltoolcab.html

Donn

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Hi Donn,
Great, great job! I wish I could muster the patience needed to make shop-needed projects with the craftsmanship you employ. It seems when it's for me (especially for the shop), I do nothing fancy or anything that shows my skills - glue & nail gun or screws - that's it! I've always WANTED to, but never take the time. Good, good job, Donn.
Bob Carreiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors