next project (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
rustic bench. natural edge on front and one side of the legs. 3" thick cedar. it was a bear to run across the jointer.:gar-Bi looks like it will be around 17" across on the small end. nice to have a big strong wife to do the heavy lifting!:p
attachment.php

need to pick up a gallon of epoxy next week to fill some inclusions. any recommendations?

ready for delivery?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180416_160941.jpg
    20180416_160941.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 20180428_071700.jpg
    20180428_071700.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 20180428_071713.jpg
    20180428_071713.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 20180428_071725.jpg
    20180428_071725.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: next project

Dose that mean your installing a hamster wheel?:gar-Bi

bash

New User
bash
That is a nice bench, and certainly looks sturdy. What did you end up using to fill with?

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice job, was hoping to see some pics of the leg work. Did you take any by chance? I need to attach some legs to a Maple cookie but not sure how to best accomplish it and get started. I probably need to stop sweating it and just do it, if I mess it up I'll figure out a way to fix it eventually!! :gar-Bi

B.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice job, was hoping to see some pics of the leg work. Did you take any by chance? I need to attach some legs to a Maple cookie but not sure how to best accomplish it and get started. I probably need to stop sweating it and just do it, if I mess it up I'll figure out a way to fix it eventually!! :gar-Bi

B.

the legs are 45* to the slab and splay out about 7*. they are doweled to the slab and set in epoxy. I added some lateral supports just because.:icon_thum those are epoxied to the legs and the slab. mechanical fasteners can be added if needed later but I don't think they will be needed. the whole things seems quite solid. I drilled the legs on the lathe. the dowels are 1 1/4" diameter.

Last edited:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I missed the lateral support in that picture the first time through. Interesting attachment method, I may need a lesson! :gar-Bi

B

Jeff

New User
Jeff
That's nifty Fred. Are the inclusions on the top face before the epoxy filling or after (pic #2)?

What brand of 2 part epoxy did you buy, and where? One gallon?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I missed the lateral support in that picture the first time through. Interesting attachment method, I may need a lesson! :gar-Bi

B

I added a few screws. They are mostly for show. The legs ain't gonna go nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS