Next level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=59126874

this guy sells strops as well but doesn't appear to have any listed at this time. If you give him a call I'm sure he has some.

Personally I use the worksharp and made a custom wheel with 4000 grit PSA from Klingspor and then use the strop with diamond paste. I get mirror finishes now that I couldn't get with 2k grit. After sharpening I test on poplar and white pine end grain and couldn't be happier so I don't see the need to go beyond 4k and stropping.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
You can find bags of leather scraps on eBay pretty cheap. One of the sellers is here in NC, selling scraps from a furniture factory. If you don't care about the color or texture, $30 will get enough for several strops and cover every vice and clamp face in your shop.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a Lie Nelson #4 smoother with the brass sole and high angle frog. That will work where other planes won't on figured wood, but was not cheap. It's expensive for me to go to one of their road shows. I bet they'll be at WIA. Stay away Ken. Stay away. Will power.

But I also have a couple of Bailey #3's that are sweet, original blades, they are just the right size for a lot of projects. And the smaller blades are easily sharpened to high hone.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I have been to a lie Nielsen show in Raleigh. It was pretty cool, but disappointing that they didn't offer any discounts on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS