Newbie residing in Havelock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccormicksm

New User
Sean
Just moved back to NC from VA. Currently a wannabe woodworker who got fed up with all the semi functional stuff that passes for furniture these days and figured I could do a better job myself. My accomplishement thus far is a bookshelf made from warped pine using a beat up table saw and some nails and screws I found lying around my dads shop. It has survived 2 moves and still doesn't wobble like that stuff you buy at wally world.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Sean, welcome to NCWW. I am glad you could join us. It sounds like your motivation to become a woodworker is one that is shared by many. I look forward to reading your questions and comments in the forums as well as seeing some of your projects.

D L

J

jeff...

I too share your quality realization of furniture today. Glad to have you aboard, theres a bunch fo nice folk here. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself as much as I do...

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome back! i started doing this wood working stuff for some of the same reasons you had. I made a 9 drawer dresser for my son out of solid oak. You should have seen the movers carry that thing up the stairs, it took 3 of them, and I thought they were going to pull something. It's solid, and that thing doesn't wobble one little bit.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Hi Sean! Welcome to NCWWer. We look forward to your contributions. Don't forget to request a Photo Album and post pics of your work. Around here the saying is "no pics, it didn't happen!"
Take care,

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Sean,
Welcome! I share your furniture frustrations. I hate seeing particle board furniture - and I use the term loosely - and thinking, "for that price, I could make it out of solid wood!".
You'll learn that this group loves pictures. Our motto: "no pictures = it didn't happen"
I'll see you around!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Sean,

Welcome to the NCWW. Always good to have another woodworker join us. I look forward to seeing some photos of your work.

Ray

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Welcome to the gang Sean, you will find some great folk here and excellent advice on all subjects including woodworking.:lol: Happy to have you.

Don't ever let it be said that nothing is free. This site is free and an asset to more and more people each day. It has been a lifesaver for me many times.

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Welcome Sean - my first piece was built much like yours. It was in a maintenance shed, with an old beat up Craftsman tablesaw, and a corded drill, and a vibrating sander. Out of warped pine! That was back in 1963 and I've been at it ever since. It has been one of the best parts of my life, and I'm glad I stuck with it. So Welcome, and have a good time learning, making, and showing!
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors