New Year giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to everybody, this morning went smoothly.

lots of cabinets and doors found a new home and

many, many lights - sure glad to see them all gone

Toolman was good enough to take all the lights that were left

and he came very prepared

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Wow .
Hope he didn't need to make any sharp turns with then on the tongue :eek:

Thanks again Phil !
Couple more years of your giveaways and my shop will look like a downtown office building.. :gar-La;

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow .

Thanks again Phil !
Couple more years of your giveaways and my shop will look like a downtown office building.. :gar-La;

They were just staged there, they were later loaded into the truck bed

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Thanks again Phil for the 'goodies'. My daughter and I had to take off after loading up. We got home, unloaded and went to the sawmill up the road for more fence posts and boards. Worked on our fence for about 3-4 hours after getting home.

toolman

New User
Chad
Wow .

Thanks again Phil !

Sharp turns no problem, all the light fit on the trailer!!

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
His shop is going to be like National Lampoon's house. Going to need sunglasses.

Chris

and sunscreen.

Toolman,
What size tubes do those take? I have a large box (maybe 2) of used 4' fluorescent tubes which I think are T-11s. They were removed from a school when they converted to LEDs. Each box has over 100 tubes in it. You can have them for my cost which was $0.00. Let me know if you are interested.
EDIT: I just checked the tubes I have. They are T-8 tubes, ~130 tubes in a box and I have 2 boxes so ~260 T-8 fluorescent tubes if anyone is interested (free). Whole boxes only.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is what I got from Phil's generosity. Thanks to him and Fred for helping load this up in my pickup.

It was the island in the first picture of the first post here. I had to build a knee-wall to cover the backs of the 4 cabinets.

DSC_0166.jpg

And a few of the drawer slides were broken, so I'm waiting on the new ones I ordered to finish the project. Also the drawer pulls were missing so I've ordered some of those. All-in-all though this is going to make a great assembly table.

DSC_0167.jpg

It was 36" tall so I removed the toe kicks and cut 2" off the bottom of the cabinets and now it is 34" which is perfect as an outfeed for the table saw.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Awesome Assembly table...
I'm going to have to keep that in mind, When I get the ZT mower and yard tools out of my shop.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Anyone hooked the lights up to 110 yet? Identify the ballast needed? Living in cube farm land, I think they will be fairly bright.

When toolman turns them on, all of our lights will dim and Sharon Harris will glow trying to keep up...

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
They are 120/277 line voltage ballasts. I have 2 of the 2x2 fixtures already running in my wife's sewing room. and 1 2x4 fixture running in a dark corner of the shop. They work great. They will get new bulbs soon.

toolman

New User
Chad
Anyone hooked the lights up to 110 yet? Identify the ballast needed? Living in cube farm land, I think they will be fairly bright.

When toolman turns them on, all of our lights will dim and Sharon Harris will glow trying to keep up...

:rotflm::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS