New Yankee Workshop seasons 1-7 on YouTube

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
The New Yankee Workshop YouTube channel has all of seasons 1-8 now. If you're just starting out, many of us got started in woodworking watching, and building projects we saw Norm Abram make. There are books that go along with the series you can find in your library or buy used for cheap that give you all the plans and step-by-step instructions. Just remember:
  • Norm Abram : Before we get started I'd like to take a moment to talk about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Knowing how to use your power tools PROPERLY will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury. And remember this. There is no other more important safety rule...[Norm points to his glasses.]...than to wear THESE... safety glasses...[He holds up ear protectors]Norm Abram : ...and also HEARING protection when necessary

https://www.youtube.com/@newyankeeworkshop/playlists

MGT

Mike
Senior User
Thanks for posting this. I started woodworking several years ago, but then moved to Europe for seven years and forgot many of the basics. Already watched his first video.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Don't get me wrong, I love the New Yankee series and like many others watched all of Norm's programs.
But as I learned more about furniture construction, I look back and are reminded that there was very little attention given to wood expansion and contraction in the projects.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors