New Yankee Fans-2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
I saw an older episode of NYWS and I am in search of the name of a particular material Norm used. Can anyone tell me the name of the product used in place of webbing, it was a fabric, on the corner chair episode 0612? I would like to use it for some dining room chairs. I have emailed the actual site with no reply. I don't want to order the video just have my question answered. Thanks in advance.

I would post pics, but for some reason that is no longer an option on this screen. Is that because I no longer live in NC?

Sully

New User
jay
I can't answer the question about the material.

To post a picture you should upload it to your gallery first and then you can provide a link to it from inside your post. I don't think you can post pictures as attachments anymore if that's what you tried to do.

HTH,
J

gator

George
Corporate Member
I don't know the exact stuff Norm used, but if you Google Upholstery Supplies and then look for Webbing or Supplies, you will likely find the stuff you are looking for.

George

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Check with Rod Peterson, the guy who has cataloged every tool ever used by Norm and possibly taped every NYW show. He might know. Not sure where he hangs out- either Wood Central, SMC, or WoodNet. He also has his own website.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Found this in the Shop Notes section of the NYW site, talk about a lucky search.....

Jim

Question:
Dear Norm,

Please tell us what material you used on the corner chair project under the foam and also please explain the purpose it serves. We are planning to replace some antique chair cushions and want to do the best job possible. Thank you for all the inspiration you share with others.

Dana Boswell

Answer:
The material under the foam is woven polypropylene. It provides support for the foam, preventing it from lowering into the frame of the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors