New User Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I think I can answer this!!!

In AdminCP, User Ranks, at the bottom of the list are "Users (Inactive).

The criteria for that Rank are "Minimum Posts" = 0

This user has only submitted a Classified add for his kiln services.

Odds are, once he does his Who Am I post, this status changes.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well. sort of.....

I think the Rank itself is determined via a Scheduled Task "NCWW Specific Promotions Etc."

Then again, I could be totally wrong?

Jim

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well. sort of.....

I think the Rank itself is determined via a Scheduled Task "NCWW Specific Promotions Etc."

Then again, I could be totally wrong?

Jim
Jim, you are close:thumbs_up
First, the intent. Any user who has been a user more than 60 days and visits less than once in four weeks ( visit frequency is less than 0.25) is currently considered an Inactive User. This is our largest group of users 1,951:elvis::elvis::swoon::swoon:

Anyway, the reality is this. You are correct that the ncww specific promotions computes this stuff. It puts every registered user into one several secondary usergroups.

Each of these usergroups has a usergroup specific "rank" that you get automatically. In this case, I am using ranks to get a custom title display, with out me playing around with a lot more code.:embaresse:embaresse

The way this the promotion strategy works from a programming strategy is as follows.

There is a table in the DB called ncww_promotions. the ncww Specfic promotions searches that table for every user and finds the highest "level" that the user meets the criteria. The table entries specify which criteria and the usergroup to put them in. So the number of levels and the required criteria can be changed by anyone willing to take the time t figure it out.:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS