New Used Tool Gloat! Tormek SuperGrind 2000 Sharpening System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Yesterday I picked up a used Tormek 2000 at a very decent price. A relative called me to say he was going to part with the unit since he hadn't used it in several years and would sell it to me at a good price. We agreed on $120.00. His asking price was way below the going price for one of these I've seen on Craigslist or eBay,

image59.jpeg

image61.jpeg

image60.jpeg

Needs a little clean up since it sat around collecting dust for a couple of years. I also will go thru and make sure the wheels are running true and they are flat. Also got up to visit my cousin in Twin Lakes, WI and had a nice lunch with him.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice score of what appears to be a little used tool with accessories and the added perk of keeping it in the family!

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Nice score of what appears to be a little used tool with accessories and the added perk of keeping it in the family!
I used it 3 or 4 years ago to sharpen some carving chisels I just bought. Talking with my cousin, that could have been the last time it was used other than a quick touch up on a kitchen knife or two.

i need to find a PDF of the manual, and plan on buying a couple jigs (gouge and flat blade jigs)

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
Nice score. Looks like you got the the entire set for less than the price of the included accessories.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Yes Mark, the price of the Tormek and the accessories always was a factor in not buying one new. Even the Jet versions were too pricey. I plan on buying a couple more jigs but will look for them used on eBay or Craiglist.

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
Check out the Grizzly accessories as well. I am able to use Tormek accessories on my Grizzly grinder. Both grinders use a 12mm diameter support rod.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Just saw this older post. Nice score! You beat what I thought was a great deal on an eBay find. I paid $200 (without as many accessories). Great tool. I did pop for the new SE-77 square-edge jig, which seemed a good upgrade. Again... great buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS